* Expire marked articles
@ 2009-12-20 16:01 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-12-20 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

With gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable you can expire an article. I would
like to expire the marked articles. I could not find something for
this. Is this not possible, or am I overlooking something?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: Expire marked articles
@ 2009-12-20 21:40 ` Rahul Jain
From: Rahul Jain @ 2009-12-20 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> With gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable you can expire an article. I would
> like to expire the marked articles. I could not find something for
> this. Is this not possible, or am I overlooking something?

G c on the group and set the time till expiry and the action upon expiration.

--
Rahul Jain
rjain@nyct.net

* Re: Expire marked articles
@ 2009-12-21 23:04   ` Cecil Westerhof
       [not found]     ` <mailman.27.1261455018.1956.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-12-21 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Rahul Jain <rjain@nyct.net> writes:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:
>
>> With gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable you can expire an article. I would
>> like to expire the marked articles. I could not find something for
>> this. Is this not possible, or am I overlooking something?
>
> G c on the group and set the time till expiry and the action upon expiration.

That is not what I mean. When in a group you can expire an article with
'E'. What I like to do is to mark several articles with '#' and then
expire all the articles I have marked with '#'.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: Expire marked articles
@ 2009-12-22  4:07     ` Dan Christensen
       [not found]     ` <mailman.27.1261455018.1956.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Dan Christensen @ 2009-12-22  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> That is not what I mean. When in a group you can expire an article with
> 'E'. What I like to do is to mark several articles with '#' and then
> expire all the articles I have marked with '#'.

Try `M-& E'.

  M-& (translated from <escape> &) runs the command
  gnus-summary-universal-argument, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
  function in `gnus-sum.el'.

  It is bound to M-&, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Run command on articles...>,
  <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Process Mark> <Process Mark Sets> <Run command on
  marked...>.

  (gnus-summary-universal-argument arg)

  Perform any operation on all articles that are process/prefixed.

Dan

* Re: Expire marked articles
       [not found]     ` <mailman.27.1261455018.1956.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2009-12-22  5:34       ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-12-22  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:
>
>> That is not what I mean. When in a group you can expire an article with
>> 'E'. What I like to do is to mark several articles with '#' and then
>> expire all the articles I have marked with '#'.
>
> Try `M-& E'.

That does what I want. Thanks.

With 'M P a' all articles are selected. Is there a way to select only
unread articles?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer