From: Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null>
Subject: apple mail 9 MIME
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:21:12 +1100	[thread overview]

A quick question to save me having to try things out.....

I've been using VM for years for my e-mail. However, VM is no longer
as actively maintained as it was and I'm now finding I'm having
problems accessing attachments posted with apple mail. It seems these
attachments are embedded inside some html and VM doesn't see them.

So, I'm after a new mail reader. I'm wondering if gnus will be able to
recognise and extract attachments from apple mail. Here is an example

> --Apple-Mail-9--626804718

> --Apple-Mail-10--626804717

> <HTML><BODY style="word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; -khtml-line-break: after-white-space; ">Tim,<DIV>The first of three files. You will need to reassemble in word and regenerate the index.</DIV><DIV>Stephen Colbran<BR> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; -khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; -apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><DIV><SPAN></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>
> --Apple-Mail-10--626804717
> CONTENT-TRANSFER-ENCODING: base64

<encoded data follows>

The example above has an earlier "text" part, which VM displays fine,
but it provides no button to extract the attachment. I don't seem to
have any other problems with MIME messages except from apple mail. If
anyone can confirm that apple mail attachments can be easily
accessed/saved from within gnus, I'd appreciate it.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au