* gnus with firefox
@ 2006-05-13 23:10 Gary Wessle
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-05-13 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

how can I use gnus as a mail client to send mail when I click on a
link while browser in firefox?

thanks

* Re: gnus with firefox
@ 2006-05-14  1:40 ` David Hansen
       [not found] ` <mailman.1773.1147571577.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2006-05-14  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14 May 2006 09:10:48 +1000 Gary Wessle wrote:

> how can I use gnus as a mail client to send mail when I click on a
> link while browser in firefox?

Not sure though if it still exists but some time there was a
mozilla and firefox extension "mozex" that lets you run an
arbitrarily program for mailto: links.  Just use

emacsclient -eval ...

David

* Re: gnus with firefox
@ 2006-05-14  5:19 ` Karl Kleinpaste
       [not found]   ` <m21wuu3aar.fsf@kurt.swanson>
       [not found] ` <mailman.1773.1147571577.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2006-05-14  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:
> how can I use gnus as a mail client to send mail when I click on a
> link while browser in firefox?

In GNOME Preferences -> More Prefs -> Preferred Applications, I set
Mail Reader as "custom", using "gnus %s".  Then the following script
gives me the handling of mailto: links.

#!/bin/sh
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:"$PATH"
if [ "$1" = "" ] ; then
    exec xemacs -geometry 90x40 -f gnus-init
else
    if gnuclient -batch -eval t >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then
	exec gnuclient -batch -eval "(progn (gnus-url-mailto \"$1\") (set-buffer-modified-p nil))"
    else
	exec xemacs -geometry 90x40 \
	    -eval "(progn (require 'gnus-art) (gnus-url-mailto \"$1\") (font-lock-mode 1) (set-buffer-modified-p nil))"
    fi
fi
exec xmessage -center No XEmacs or gnuclient
echo no xemacs, no gnuclient, no xmessage
exit 1

As someone else observed, the "mozex" extension to FF should be able
to handle this with "gnus %s" for mailto: handling.

* Re: gnus with firefox
       [not found] ` <mailman.1773.1147571577.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2006-05-15 14:56   ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2006-05-15 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> emacsclient -eval ...

Note that for GNU Emacs, this only works with the CVS version.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net

* Re: gnus with firefox