* An nntodo question from the past.
@ 2003-07-27 19:31 Jesse F. Hughes
       [not found] ` <84adazlozj.fsf@slowfox.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Jesse F. Hughes @ 2003-07-27 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm too easily distracted.  While learning about spam.el, I noticed a
question about nnir.el.  That sounded pretty cool, so I went to
download it.

In the same directory, I found nntodo.el.  That sounded useful, too,
so I downloaded it, too.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with it.  I found in Google
that many people have had the same problem I have.  Namely, when I try
to post to that group (using "C-u a"), I get

     No methods specified to send by

If I try to copy a message into the group, I get

  Wrong number of arguments: #<compiled-function (prompt table
  &optional predicate require-match initial-contents history)
  "...(49)" [table predicate require-match t nil last-exact-completion
  minibuffer-completion-confirm minibuffer-completion-predicate
  minibuffer-completion-table read-from-minibuffer prompt
  initial-contents minibuffer-local-completion-map
  minibuffer-local-must-match-map history] 6 778275>, 7

I haven't found any post in the previous threads which solved this
problem.  Anyone know what's wrong here?  (I'm using Oort v24).

Other distractions during the past couple of days:  I now have an
nnvirtual group and an nnkiboze group.  Gnus rocks.  But, it seems
that I've spent time trying to get Gnus to present my todo list
instead of actually completing any of the items on the list.  Well,
nothing new there.

--
Jesse Hughes
"She testified they had sex near the Oval Office, not in the famous

* Re: An nntodo question from the past.
       [not found]     ` <8465ln9fl0.fsf@slowfox.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-07-28  9:24       ` Jesse F. Hughes
       [not found]         ` <84ptjtxw6x.fsf@slowfox.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Jesse F. Hughes @ 2003-07-28  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> C-u 0 C-c C-c doesn't ask?  Strange.  Could you M-x
> toggle-debug-on-error RET, then reproduce the problem, then post the
> resulting backtrace?

Here's the header of the article.

Subject: Test
From: jesseh@cs.kun.nl (Jesse F. Hughes)

I typed C-u 0 C-c C-c, as you suggested.

Signaling: (error "No methods specified to send by")
  signal(error ("No methods specified to send by"))
  cerror("No methods specified to send by")
  apply(cerror "No methods specified to send by")
  error("No methods specified to send by")
  message-send(0)
  message-send-and-exit(0)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

> I'd also like to point you to nndiary which comes with Gnus.  It also
> has todo list functionality, I think.

I'll look at it.  Another way to waste time.  Thanks.

--
"[I]t's good for the economy to charge for intellectual property, so
open source software cannot be good, while Microsoft is the most

@ 2003-07-29 14:41           ` Jesse F. Hughes
From: Jesse F. Hughes @ 2003-07-29 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> jesseh@cs.kun.nl (Jesse F. Hughes) writes:
>
>> Signaling: (error "No methods specified to send by")
>>   signal(error ("No methods specified to send by"))
>>   cerror("No methods specified to send by")
>>   apply(cerror "No methods specified to send by")
>>   error("No methods specified to send by")
>>   message-send(0)
>>   message-send-and-exit(0)
>>   call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)
>
> It seems that it might have tried some methods, but failed.  Hm.  My
> motivation for looking at nntodo.el is, well, limited.  So if you
> could make do with nndiary (which is probably better than nntodo,
> anyway), then that would be cool.  If you need nntodo, then maybe you
> could M-x edebug-defun RET the function message-send, then
> single-step through it with SPC to see what's happening.

I think that nndiary will suit my needs just fine.  Thanks.

--
"Yup, you guessed it.  If worse comes to worse, I *will* turn to the
Army to help me with mathematicians.  And then mathematicians don't