From: Hugh Lawson <hlawson@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: How to save, retrieve articles
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 17:56:20 GMT	[thread overview]

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Hugh Lawson <hlawson@triad.rr.com> writes:
>
>> I want to do these things.
>>
>> --save articles   (can do this now)
>> --read them again ( can do this now)
>> --delete saved articles no longer needed ????
>
> You can say M-x delete-file RET...

But with 'gnus-default-article-saver' set to
'gnus-summary-save-in-file', the articles are appended to a news
file. M-x delete-file wants to delete the whole file, right?

What I want to do is to save articles, and selectively delete
individual articles when they are no longer desired.

The reason for saving some articles is that they give me solutions to
problems, or sometimes just interesting problems that I want to
investigate further.  Being able to save, read, and delete articles as
if the saved-article directory were a newsgroup seems like a powerful
way to do this, but I can't figure out how.

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com