* RTF attachment problem
@ 2002-08-05  1:01 Mahesh Padmanabhan
       [not found] ` <iluvg6pppz8.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
       [not found] ` <vafy9blfrca.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Mahesh Padmanabhan @ 2002-08-05  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to send an RTF (which is the ASCII equivalent of the
Microsoft DOC format ) as an attachment to an email but the receiver
got it as a corrupted file. When I sent it, it asked me if the MIME
type should be application/msword and I said yes to that.

I then converted the RTF file to a DOC file and sent it in an
identical manner and this time the receiver got it correctly.

My questions are:

1) What does GNUS do if you give the wrong mime type,
   i.e. application/msword for an RTF file ?

2) Why does it do it since I thought MIME type made no difference if
   you saved the document at the receiving end and opened it ?

TIA,

--
Mahesh Padmanabhan

-------