* Configuration example for mbsync + dovecot + Gnus
@ 2021-01-25 11:01 Garjola Dindi
From: Garjola Dindi @ 2021-01-25 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I would like to move from a nnmaildir + OfflineIMAP configuration to
something which:

1. scales better for large number of messages than nnmaildir and
2. does not use OfflineIMAP (Python 2 based and sometimes slow).

I understand that some Gnus users use a local IMAP server with dovecot
and the nnimap backend.

I found these interesting instructions here:

https://ericabrahamsen.net/tech/2014/oct/gnus-dovecot-lucene.html

but I am having trouble making them work.

I had to change some of the mbsync settings since they are now
deprecated (the post is 6 years old), but still no success (I have
failed authentications for mbsync while the same config works if I don't
use dovecot).

I would like to know if somebody could share their dovecot and mbsync
configurations for a more recent setup. I am running Debian stable, but
I guess that I can translate distribution specific things if needed.

Thanks for your help.

--

Garjola