* Duplicate mail groups
@ 2014-02-09 13:57 Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2014-02-09 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I remember reading a bug report about that somewhere, but
that was closed due to inactivity by the reporter, so here's
a different one with maybe the same problem :-).

My gnus-select-method is '(nnml "private").  When I am in my
inbox (G c in *Group* says "nnml:mail.inbox") and move an
article to a non-existent group "nnml:mail.inbox.test", that
group is immediately created (and G c says
"nnml:mail.inbox.test").

After quitting Gnus und starting it again, there is still
this group, but also an additional one which G c says is
called "mail.inbox.test" (no "nnml:").

If I kill this group ("mail.inbox.test") with G DEL
(gnus-group-delete-group), it disappears for good.

Any advice?

Tim

* Re: Duplicate mail groups
@ 2014-02-09 23:10 ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2014-02-09 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I wrote:

> I remember reading a bug report about that somewhere, but
> that was closed due to inactivity by the reporter, so here's
> a different one with maybe the same problem :-).

> My gnus-select-method is '(nnml "private").  When I am in my
> inbox (G c in *Group* says "nnml:mail.inbox") and move an
> article to a non-existent group "nnml:mail.inbox.test", that
> group is immediately created (and G c says
> "nnml:mail.inbox.test").

> After quitting Gnus und starting it again, there is still
> this group, but also an additional one which G c says is
> called "mail.inbox.test" (no "nnml:").

> If I kill this group ("mail.inbox.test") with G DEL
> (gnus-group-delete-group), it disappears for good.

> Any advice?

I set up another user, created a basic Gnus setup for it,
compared it with mine and finally moved "nnml:" to "" (inter
alia).  Long process, stressful, very thankful for the
safety net of btrfs snapshots.

Consequence: I cannot reproduce the error above anymore.

Tim