* K in Server buffer on a Denied entry does not work
@ 2013-03-18 19:34 Xavier Maillard
       [not found] ` <mailman.22426.1363636394.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2013-03-18 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

after years far from Gnus, I am back in the business. My skills are
closed to zero :D

I started to use it first for NNTP stuff (gmane and folks). I must have
done something stupid somewhere and now, pressing '^' gives me this:

     {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened)
     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nntp:news.free.fr} (opened)
     {nndraft:} (opened)
     {nntp:news.my_news_server.com} (denied)

how the hell can I delete/drop latest entry ? K does not nothing usefull here.

Thank you very much

/Xavier

* Re: K in Server buffer on a Denied entry does not work
@ 2013-03-18 19:52 ` W. Greenhouse
       [not found] ` <mailman.22426.1363636394.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2013-03-18 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Maillard <xavier-U5RQyKqGfor/u5h4R/Qkbg@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> after years far from Gnus, I am back in the business. My skills are
> closed to zero :D
>
> I started to use it first for NNTP stuff (gmane and folks). I must have
> done something stupid somewhere and now, pressing '^' gives me this:
>
>      {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened)
>      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
>      {nntp:news.free.fr} (opened)
>      {nndraft:} (opened)
>      {nntp:news.my_news_server.com} (denied)
>
> how the hell can I delete/drop latest entry ? K does not nothing
> usefull here.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> /Xavier

The "denied" means "I couldn't connect to this server on my last try, so
I'm going to block further connection attempts until the user tells me
otherwise."  You can clear a denial with R
(`gnus-server-remove-denials') in the *Server* buffer, which will let it
try connecting again.

BTW, to delete an entry in the *Server* buffer it's k -- note lowercase.

--
Regards,
WGG

@ 2013-03-18 22:13   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2013-03-18 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes:

> Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> writes:
>
>> I started to use it first for NNTP stuff (gmane and folks). I must have
>> done something stupid somewhere and now, pressing '^' gives me this:
>>
>>      {nndraft:} (opened)
>>      {nntp:news.my_news_server.com} (denied)
>>
>> how the hell can I delete/drop latest entry ? K does not nothing
>> usefull here.
>>
> The "denied" means "I couldn't connect to this server on my last try, so
> I'm going to block further connection attempts until the user tells me
> otherwise."  You can clear a denial with R

Did it. It changed from 'denied' to 'closed' status.

> (`gnus-server-remove-denials') in the *Server* buffer, which will let it
> try connecting again.
>
> BTW, to delete an entry in the *Server* buffer it's k -- note lowercase.

yes, I pressed 'k' and still nothing happened. The 'denied' server entry
is still there (sadly). Where is this saved to ?

Regards

/Xavier

* Where are Gnus server information saved into ? (was: K in Server buffer on a Denied entry does not work)
@ 2013-03-25 21:50     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2013-03-25 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> writes:

> Hi,
>
> wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes:
>
>> BTW, to delete an entry in the *Server* buffer it's k -- note lowercase.
>
> yes, I pressed 'k' and still nothing happened. The 'denied' server entry
> is still there (sadly). Where is this saved to ?

After trying at least every gnus server keystrokes, I still have this
bogus entry. Where does Gnus store server informations ?

Regards

/Xavier

* Re: Where are Gnus server information saved into ?
@ 2013-03-25 21:52       ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-03-25 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> writes:

> After trying at least every gnus server keystrokes, I still have this
> bogus entry. Where does Gnus store server informations ?

~/.newsrc.eld perhaps?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The world is short of delimiters," says Don.                Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk