* nnimap-split-fancy across inbox boundaries?
@ 2012-08-26  3:31 Pawel Osiczko
From: Pawel Osiczko @ 2012-08-26  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

Having 2 IMAP inboxes defined, like so:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "0.foo"
                (nnimap-address "imap.foo.com")
                )
        (nnimap "1.bar"
                (nnimap-address "imap.bar.com")
                )

I would love to apply the split rules across the inboxes, ie if an email from user@example.com arrives at 1.bar, I'd like to move it to 0.foo:some-group:

(setq nnimap-split-fancy
      '(|
        (: nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent)
        (from "user@example.com"
             "nnimap+0.foo:some-group" )
        ("INBOX")
        )
(setq nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)

The above splits to the group named nnimap+0.foo:some-group at 1.bar. Any hints how to make the split happen across the inbox boundaries to 0.foo:some-group?

Thank you,

Pawel

* Re: nnimap-split-fancy across inbox boundaries?
@ 2012-08-27  1:46 ` Damon Haley
From: Damon Haley @ 2012-08-27  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I would love to apply the split rules across the inboxes, ie if an
> email from user@example.com arrives at 1.bar, I'd like to move it to
> 0.foo:some-group:

I've been meaning to ask this same question.

My wife sends email to the two IMAP accounts I have.  I would greatly
like to have the nnmail-split-fancy rules automatically move her mail from IMAP
account A to IMAP account B.

Unfortunately IMAP account A is MS-Exchange, which doesn't allow me to
specify any kind of forwarding rules (sieive) on the server side.

Is this possible with gnus nnmail-split-fancy?

Damon

--
Damon K. Haley
Lafayette, Colorado, USA

* Re: nnimap-split-fancy across inbox boundaries?
@ 2012-09-05 14:12 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-09-05 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Pawel Osiczko <posiczko@gmail.com> writes:

> The above splits to the group named nnimap+0.foo:some-group at
> 1.bar. Any hints how to make the split happen across the inbox
> boundaries to 0.foo:some-group?

I don't think that's supported by Gnus.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Emacs