* Applying gnus-article-hide-signature to a group
@ 2008-02-21  8:51 Martin Bealby
From: Martin Bealby @ 2008-02-21  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

I have modified my gnus-signature-separator line to remove appended
advertisements for a mailing list I am currently subscribed to and by
typing 'W W s' (gnus-article-hide-signatures) it is working well.

However, I cannot seem to modify the group parameters to automatically
apply it to emails in that group.

I have tried adding (gnus-article-hide-signatures) to the group
properties but it does not appear to remain, so I believe that this
approach is incorrect.

Could someone please give me a pointer on how this can be achieved?

Thank you,
Martin

* Re: Applying gnus-article-hide-signature to a group
@ 2008-02-22 18:12 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-02-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Feb 21 2008, Martin Bealby wrote:

> I have modified my gnus-signature-separator line to remove appended
> advertisements for a mailing list I am currently subscribed to and by
> typing 'W W s' (gnus-article-hide-signatures) it is working well.

Why not use the `banner' group parameter?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
| `banner'
|      An item like `(banner . REGEXP)' causes any part of an article
|      that matches the regular expression REGEXP to be stripped.
|      Instead of REGEXP, you can also use the symbol `signature' which
|      strips the last signature or any of the elements of the alist
|      `gnus-article-banner-alist'.
`----

See also `gnus-article-address-banner-alist':

,----[ (info "(gnus)Article Hiding") ]
|      Regardless of a group, you can hide things like advertisements
|      only when the sender of an article has a certain mail address
|      specified in `gnus-article-address-banner-alist'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Applying gnus-article-hide-signature to a group
@ 2008-02-23 14:44   ` Martin Bealby
From: Martin Bealby @ 2008-02-23 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Why not use the `banner' group parameter?
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
> | `banner'
> |      An item like `(banner . REGEXP)' causes any part of an article
> |      that matches the regular expression REGEXP to be stripped.
> |      Instead of REGEXP, you can also use the symbol `signature' which
> |      strips the last signature or any of the elements of the alist
> |      `gnus-article-banner-alist'.
> `----

Reiner,

Thank you, this was just what I was looking for!

@ 2008-03-04  3:28   ` WilliamX
       [not found]     ` <mailman.8265.1204605639.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: WilliamX @ 2008-03-04  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Thu, Feb 21 2008, Martin Bealby wrote:
>
>> I have modified my gnus-signature-separator line to remove appended
>> advertisements for a mailing list I am currently subscribed to and by
>> typing 'W W s' (gnus-article-hide-signatures) it is working well.
>
> Why not use the `banner' group parameter?
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
> | `banner'
> |      An item like `(banner . REGEXP)' causes any part of an article
> |      that matches the regular expression REGEXP to be stripped.
> |      Instead of REGEXP, you can also use the symbol `signature' which
> |      strips the last signature or any of the elements of the alist
> |      `gnus-article-banner-alist'.
> `----

Ask an off topic question. How to set the quote like yours:
 ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]

 `----

TIA.

@ 2008-03-04  4:40     ` Bastien
       [not found]     ` <mailman.8265.1204605639.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-04  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WilliamX; +Cc: info-gnus-english

WilliamX <fantast_xue@hotmail.com> writes:

> Ask an off topic question. How to set the quote like yours:
>  ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]

(require 'boxquote)

M-x boxquote-region RET
M-x boxquote-title RET

--
Bastien

@ 2008-03-04  9:02       ` WilliamX
From: WilliamX @ 2008-03-04  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> WilliamX <fantast_xue@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ask an off topic question. How to set the quote like yours:
>>  ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
>
> (require 'boxquote)
>
> M-x boxquote-region RET
> M-x boxquote-title RET

Got it!
Thank you!:)

@ 2008-03-04 20:06       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-04 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Mar 04 2008, Bastien wrote:

> WilliamX <fantast_xue@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Ask an off topic question. How to set the quote like yours:
>>  ,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
>
> (require 'boxquote)
>
> M-x boxquote-region RET

`boxquote-yank'?

> M-x boxquote-title RET

Too complicated.  I use `rs-info-boxquote' (`boxquote-info') from
`rs-info.el'
<http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/misc/rs-info.el>.

,----[ `C-h k C-c b i' ]
| C-c b i runs the command rs-info-boxquote
|   which is an interactive Lisp function in `rs-info.el'.
| It is bound to C-c b i.
| (rs-info-boxquote &optional use-list)
|
| Yank text (from an info node), box it and use current info node as title.
| If use-list, the title is taken from `rs-info-title-alist'
| depending on the current newsgroup.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Applying gnus-article-hide-signature to a group
@ 2008-03-04 21:56         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-04 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> M-x boxquote-region RET
>
> `boxquote-yank'?

I didn't know about this, thanks!

>> M-x boxquote-title RET
>
> Too complicated.  I use `rs-info-boxquote' (`boxquote-info') from
> `rs-info.el'
> <http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/misc/rs-info.el>.

Mhh... I *knew* you had some secret weapon :)

> ,----[ `C-h k C-c b i' ]

(your own keybindings)

> | C-c b i runs the command rs-info-boxquote
> |   which is an interactive Lisp function in `rs-info.el'.
> | It is bound to C-c b i.
> | (rs-info-boxquote &optional use-list)

Nice, thanks again !

--
Bastien

* Re: Applying gnus-article-hide-signature to a group
@ 2008-03-04 22:58           ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-04 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Mar 04 2008, Bastien wrote:

> Mhh... I *knew* you had some secret weapon :)

It's not really "secret".  I've posted it on gnu.emacs.sources in 2003
and it's on the Emacs Lisp List.  ;-)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,