* Re: Opening URLs which contain , ...
       [not found] <mailman.4859.1187263812.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2007-08-16 12:20 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-08-16 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl> writes:

> If you click the following link (in gnus)
>
>    http://www.sport.pl/sport/1,65025,4392044.html
>
> you will see the browser trying to display
>
>    http://www.sport.pl/sport/1%2c65025%2c4392044.html
>
> and get the error page...
>
> (at least it is so in my config with firefox set as default browser)
>
> Seems something is escaping ',' character. Is it possible to disable
> it somehow?

The commas are encoded in the `browse-url-firefox' function, because
otherwise Firefox would treat them as delimiters in the command line.

One could argue that the sport.pl server should decode the encoded
commas. Apparently it doesn't, but I guess it's common for server-side
dispatching programs to ignore the issue.

A possible workaround is to use the `browse-url-generic' function
instead. Set the `browse-url-generic-program' option to "firefox".

* Re: Opening URLs which contain , ...
@ 2007-08-16 13:10   ` Marcin Kasperski
From: Marcin Kasperski @ 2007-08-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> A possible workaround is to use the `browse-url-generic' function
> instead. Set the `browse-url-generic-program' option to "firefox".

Thank you, it helped.

@ 2007-08-17 18:20 ` Paweł Tęcza
From: Paweł Tęcza @ 2007-08-17 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl> writes:
[...]
> PS URLs with ',' are used by sport.pl and gazeta.pl (probably most
> popular information websites in Poland), so I face them fairly
> frequently...

Hi Marcin,

In my opinion wp.pl and onet.pl are more popular Polish sites ;)

My best regards,

Pawel

* Opening URLs which contain , ...
@ 2007-08-16 11:21 Marcin Kasperski