* Regular express does _not_ work in nnmail-split-fancy
@ 2005-08-06  1:43 Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-08-06  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

please see following samples from my .gnus.el

,----[ Method A ]
| (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
|       nnmail-split-fancy
|      `(|
`----

,----[ Method B ]
| (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
|       nnmail-split-fancy
|      `(|
|        (any "@lists\\." "gen.list")
|        "mail.misc"
|        ))
`----

Methd A works well. but not Method B -- all message will unexpected go to
"mail.misc" instead of "gen.list".  where did i make any wrong?

thanks.

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Pepper...is hot and scorches, just like the sun

	- Politiki kouzina (2003)

* Re: Regular express does _not_ work in nnmail-split-fancy
@ 2005-08-09  1:05 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-08-09  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ,----[ Method B ]
>| (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
>|       nnmail-split-fancy
>|      `(|
>|        (any "@lists\\." "gen.list")
>|        "mail.misc"
>|        ))
> `----

> Methd A works well. but not Method B -- all message will unexpected go to
> "mail.misc" instead of "gen.list".  where did i make any wrong?

Try:

(setq nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words t)

In the case where it is nil (by default), the regexp "@lists\\."
is computed into "\\<@lists\\.\\>", which won't match any mail
address since "." is not recognized as `word'.  The value t
prevents it from being surrounded by "\\<...\\>".  Please note,
changing the value of `nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words'
might also affect other entries in `nnmail-split-fancy'.

* Re: Regular express does _not_ work in nnmail-split-fancy
@ 2005-08-10  0:30   ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-08-10  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> ,----[ Method B ]
>>| (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
>>|       nnmail-split-fancy
>>|      `(|
>>|        (any "@lists\\." "gen.list")
>>|        "mail.misc"
>>|        ))
>> `----
>
>> Methd A works well. but not Method B -- all message will unexpected go to
>> "mail.misc" instead of "gen.list".  where did i make any wrong?
>
> Try:
>
> (setq nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words t)
>
> In the case where it is nil (by default), the regexp "@lists\\."
> is computed into "\\<@lists\\.\\>", which won't match any mail
> address since "." is not recognized as `word'.  The value t
> prevents it from being surrounded by "\\<...\\>".  Please note,
> changing the value of `nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words'
> might also affect other entries in `nnmail-split-fancy'.

thank you! it works thought i am not clear your explain.

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Virginia Woolf: Someone has to die Leonard, in order that the rest of
us should value our life more.

	- The Hours (2002)