* gnus and spam filtering; it is not working well
@ 2022-01-13 18:45 physiculus
From: physiculus @ 2022-01-13 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

hello,
i try to make gnus a bit more useful for spam detection, but it does
only work partially.
if header is flagged as spam, gnus put the message into the spam folder.
but checking with bogofilter is not working.

does anybody know what is wrong with my config?

any help?

Regards,

Jens

;; spam
(require 'spam)
(spam-initialize)
;;(setq spam-log-to-registry t)     ; for spam autodetection
(setq spam-use-regex-headers t)   ; catch X-Spam-Flag (SpamAssassin)
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
(setq spam-bogofilter-database-directory "~/.bogofilter/")
(setq spam-autodetect-recheck-messages nil)

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)

(nnimap "GMail"
                                              (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                              (nnimap-serer-port "imaps")
                                              (nnimap-user "xxx@yyy.com")
                                              (nnimap-stream ssl)
                                              (nnimap-inbox "[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten")
                                              (nnimap-expunge 'immediately)
                                              ;;(nnimap-record-commands t)
                                              (nnimap-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
                                              (spam-autodetect-recheck-messages nil)
                                              (nnimap-split-download-body t)
                                              (spam-process ((spam spam-use-bogofilter)
                                                             (ham spam-use-bogofilter)))
                                              (nnmail-split-fancy
                                               (&
                                                (&
                                                 (: spam-split "regex-spam" 'spam-use-regex-headers)
                                                 ;;(: spam-split)
                                                 (: nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent)
                                                 ;;(: spam-split)
                                                 )
                                                (|
                                                 (any ".*xxx@yyyhaus\\.de" "Linz")
                                                 (any ".*yyy@yyyhaus\\.de" "Linz")
                                                 (any ".*nnn@yyyhaus\\.de" "Linz")
                                                 (any ".*sss@gmail\\.com" "Linz")
						                         (any ".*ggg@holnishaus\\.de" "Linz")
                                                 )
                                                (&
                                                 (any ".*emacs-orgmode@gnu\\.org" "OrgDigest")
                                                 (any ".*info-gnus-english@gnu\\.org" "gnus")
                                                 (any ".*n3\\.nabble\\.com" "notmuch")
                                                 (any ".*mu-discuss@googlegroups\\.com" "mu")
                                                 (any ".*pinterest\\.com" "Pinterest")
                                                 (any ".*bbdb-user-request@nongnu\\.org" "bbdb")
                                                 (any ".*emms-help-request@gnu\\.org" "emms")
                                                 (any ".*ebay\\.com" "EBay")
                                                 (any ".*ebay\\.de" "EBay")
                                                 (any ".*ebay-kleinanzeigen\\.de" "EBay")
                                                 (any ".*list@moertelshop\\.com" "Moertelshop")
                                                 (any ".*gartenkalender@garten-schlueter\\.de" "Garten")
                                                 (any ".*info@bohlken-baumschulen\\.de" "Garten")
                                                 (any ".*newsletter@gaissmayer\\.de" "Garten")
                                                 (any ".*@correcti\\.org" "Correcti")
                                                 ))
                                               "INBOX")
                                              ;;(nnimap-split-methods default)
                                              (get-new-mail t)
                                              (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-imap)
                                              )

* Re: gnus and spam filtering; it is not working well
@ 2022-01-15 17:18 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2022-01-15 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> hello,
> i try to make gnus a bit more useful for spam detection, but it does
> only work partially.
> if header is flagged as spam, gnus put the message into the spam folder.
> but checking with bogofilter is not working.

Looks like the first thing to try, after Gnus has started up, is to
check the value of spam-bogofilter-valid. If it is 'unknown, try running
M-: (spam-bogofilter-valid).

* Re: gnus and spam filtering; it is not working well
@ 2022-01-16 14:05   ` physiculus
From: physiculus @ 2022-01-16 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Am Sa, 2022-01-15, 09:18 -0800, Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> schrieb: