* How can there be duplicates in an nnml *Gnus Browse Server*
@ 2014-10-09  4:42 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2014-10-09  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm using a nnml named "local" server for all the saved messages I
keep. I noticed that groups (ie directories in ~/Mail/) show up twice in
the *Gnus Browse Server* buffer for this server. I've tried manually
cleaning the ~/Mail/active file but it didn't remove the duplicates.

What data/file is Gnus using to create the list of groups in the *Gnus
Browse Server* buffer ?

Could these duplicates be the reason why some messages marked read in
some of these groups randomly appear new after a while ?

Any help in these matters would be very much appreciated. I've been
trying for years to get rid of this annoying problem.

Julien.

* Re: How can there be duplicates in an nnml *Gnus Browse Server*
       [not found] <mailman.10775.1412830990.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2015-01-29  8:02 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-29  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I'm using a nnml named "local" server for all the saved messages I
> keep. I noticed that groups (ie directories in ~/Mail/) show up twice in
> the *Gnus Browse Server* buffer for this server. I've tried manually
> cleaning the ~/Mail/active file but it didn't remove the duplicates.
>
> What data/file is Gnus using to create the list of groups in the *Gnus
> Browse Server* buffer ?

It should just be the groups in the nnml active file, and nothing else,
so if that file doesn't contain doubled group names, then this is very
puzzling.