* Symbol's function definition is void
@ 2014-04-23 13:01 Haines Brown
From: Haines Brown @ 2014-04-23 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

For no obvious reason, gnus now fails to display about half the messages
in groups. There is a header, no body, and in minibuffer the error
message:  "Symbol's function definition is void:
mailcap-parse-mailcaps".

I don't believe this is a problem with ~/mailcap. There may be a probem
with FLIM version or loaded in wrong order, but I don't know how to
verify or correct if so.

Haines Brown

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void
@ 2014-04-23 13:25 ` David Hume
From: David Hume @ 2014-04-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> For no obvious reason, gnus now fails to display about half the messages
> in groups. There is a header, no body, and in minibuffer the error
> message:  "Symbol's function definition is void:
> mailcap-parse-mailcaps".
>
> I don't believe this is a problem with ~/mailcap. There may be a probem
> with FLIM version or loaded in wrong order, but I don't know how to
> verify or correct if so.
>
> Haines Brown

I've seen that error when I had been modifying the variable
gnu-summary-line-format. It maybe unrelated though. Have you been
editing .gnu-custom... or something?

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void
@ 2014-04-24 15:05   ` Haines Brown
From: Haines Brown @ 2014-04-24 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:
>
>> For no obvious reason, gnus now fails to display about half the messages
>> in groups. There is a header, no body, and in minibuffer the error
>> message:  "Symbol's function definition is void:
>> mailcap-parse-mailcaps".
>>
>> I don't believe this is a problem with ~/mailcap. There may be a probem
>> with FLIM version or loaded in wrong order, but I don't know how to
>> verify or correct if so.
>>
>> Haines Brown
>
> I've seen that error when I had been modifying the variable
> gnu-summary-line-format. It maybe unrelated though. Have you been
> editing .gnu-custom... or something?

No. I don't run a desktop at all, and so there's no .gnu-custom. My
~/.gnus is unchanged. However, I've recently acquired some peculiar
problems with I suppose reside in my X system, in which an application
has lost some GUI features even when it is freshly reinstalled in
different versions.

Haines