* Re: nnimap and other clients
       [not found] <mailman.5.1295298408.6743.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2011-01-17 21:14 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-17 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> writes:

> Hi everyone. I noticed that if I move a message among folders (via
> another imap client) Gnus doesn't pick up the change (and doesn't seem
> to notice the different article count anyway).
>
> Is there a way to regenerate such caches? Is there a way to make this
> automatic (in case other clients modify imap folders)?
>
> Thanks

How is your gnus accessing your mail? If its imap it'll see the correct
folders and articles : in my case I sync using offliniemap between about
5 machines with no issues. If I move on one, offlineimap syncs my local
dovecot with remote gmail and the other clients, in turn, sync gmail to
their local dovecot.

* Re: nnimap and other clients
@ 2011-01-17 21:44   ` Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2011-01-17 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:14:10 +0100, Richard Riley wrote:
>> Hi everyone. I noticed that if I move a message among folders (via
>> another imap client) Gnus doesn't pick up the change (and doesn't seem
>> to notice the different article count anyway).
>>
>> Is there a way to regenerate such caches? Is there a way to make this
>> automatic (in case other clients modify imap folders)?
>
> How is your gnus accessing your mail? If its imap it'll see the correct
> folders and articles : in my case I sync using offliniemap between about
> 5 machines with no issues. If I move on one, offlineimap syncs my local
> dovecot with remote gmail and the other clients, in turn, sync gmail to
> their local dovecot.

My setup is Gnus connecting via nnimap to a dovecot server.
My other client is usually Sylpheed, connecting again via imap directly.

If I move a message to the trash using Sylpheed, for instance, I can
still see the message in the summary buffer when I use Gnus later, but
trying to display it will cause the line to be marked as deleted.

* Re: nnimap and other clients
@ 2011-01-17 22:54     ` prad
From: prad @ 2011-01-17 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> writes:

> My setup is Gnus connecting via nnimap to a dovecot server.
> My other client is usually Sylpheed, connecting again via imap directly.
>
> If I move a message to the trash using Sylpheed, for instance, I can
> still see the message in the summary buffer when I use Gnus later, but
> trying to display it will cause the line to be marked as deleted.

strange i don't recall that when i switched from claws-mail to gnus. i
seem to recall that when i moved something in claws, it showed up that
way in gnus. (i'm pretty sure of this, but i can double check later).

could it be a matter of refreshing your gnus with r or possibly R?
or what happens if you shut down gnus and go back in?

--
in friendship,
prad

@ 2011-01-22 20:13 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.0.1295778318.8995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-22 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> writes:

> Hi everyone. I noticed that if I move a message among folders (via
> another imap client) Gnus doesn't pick up the change (and doesn't seem
> to notice the different article count anyway).

Does `M-g' on the nnimap groups do anything?

Anyway, nnimap has been rewritten for Emacs 24, so this problem is
probably gone by now.  (And new ones have been created.  :-)

* Re: nnimap and other clients
@ 2011-01-23 10:24   ` Yuri D'Elia
       [not found]   ` <mailman.0.1295778318.8995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2011-01-23 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:13:30 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Hi everyone. I noticed that if I move a message among folders (via
>> another imap client) Gnus doesn't pick up the change (and doesn't seem
>> to notice the different article count anyway).
>
> Does `M-g' on the nnimap groups do anything?

No, I can't say it does any difference.

Is there anything more radical I can run on a group to completely
purge/refresh/rescan it?

> Anyway, nnimap has been rewritten for Emacs 24, so this problem is
> probably gone by now.  (And new ones have been created.  :-)

New bugs, mmmmmhh yummy.

* Re: nnimap and other clients
       [not found]   ` <mailman.0.1295778318.8995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2011-01-23 21:16     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-23 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> writes:

> Is there anything more radical I can run on a group to completely
> purge/refresh/rescan it?

I'm not sure how that works in Emacs 23 nnimap.  Anybody?

* nnimap and other clients
@ 2011-01-17 21:06 Yuri D'Elia