* Gnus and MS Exchange 2010
@ 2009-11-19 20:14 Thomas Bach
From: Thomas Bach @ 2009-11-19 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

has somebody tried yet to connect his gnus to a MS Exchange 2010 Server
via imap?
I'm getting strange results over here and don't know, if it is my
gnus-setup or if MS didn't implemented the imap-protocol properly
another time.

My .gnus actually looks like this:

; […] Setting user-name and eMail-Adress
; gnus-select-method which work
; and:
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
	(nnimap "bachth@uni-mainz.de"
		(nnimap-address "mail.uni-mainz.de"))))

The *imap-log*-buffer says:
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
1 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LOGINDISABLED STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
2 NOOP
2 OK NOOP completed.
3 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LOGINDISABLED STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
3 OK CAPABILITY completed.
4 LOGIN anonymous "my_local_login@my_computer_name"
4 BAD Command received in Invalid state.
5 NOOP
5 OK NOOP completed.
6 LSUB "" "*%"
6 BAD Command received in Invalid state.
* BYE Connection is closed. 13

I also tried giving gnus my login data through an authfile, but it keeps
loging in as anonymous.
Also while firing up gnus, emacs says something like:
"The current buffer is having an active process running. Kill <yes/no>"

Greets,
Thomas Bach

* Re: Gnus and MS Exchange 2010
@ 2009-11-19 23:04 ` Jens Thiele
From: Jens Thiele @ 2009-11-19 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Thomas Bach <bachth@uni-mainz.de> writes:

> The *imap-log*-buffer says:
> * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
> 1 CAPABILITY
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LOGINDISABLED STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
> 1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
> 2 NOOP
> 2 OK NOOP completed.
> 3 CAPABILITY
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LOGINDISABLED STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe login is only allowed using TLS.

* Re: Gnus and MS Exchange 2010
@ 2009-11-20  2:56   ` Thomas Bach
From: Thomas Bach @ 2009-11-20  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Jens Thiele <karme@berlios.de> writes:

>> * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LOGINDISABLED STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
> Maybe login is only allowed using TLS.

Yupp, that solved it :).

I passed
(nnimap-stream tls)
to nnimap and installed the gnutls-bin package (on debian). Now it works
like a charm. :)

Thanks for the hint!

Greets,
Thomas Bach.