* post and email at the same time
@ 2009-02-12  0:53 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-02-12  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

There used to be a command that would
1. Reply to the news item via the Newsgroup
2. Also send a courtesy copy to the poster via email.
but it is gone?

* Re: post and email at the same time
@ 2009-02-13 14:59 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-02-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:53:19 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

j> There used to be a command that would
j> 1. Reply to the news item via the Newsgroup
j> 2. Also send a courtesy copy to the poster via email.
j> but it is gone?

I usually add a CC header (C-c C-f C-f) and it all Just Works.

Ted

* Re: post and email at the same time
@ 2009-02-15  3:50   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-02-15  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

j> There used to be a command that would
j> 1. Reply to the news item via the Newsgroup
j> 2. Also send a courtesy copy to the poster via email.
j> but it is gone?

TZ> I usually add a CC header (C-c C-f C-f) and it all Just Works.
Yes, you mean C-c C-f C-c (message-goto-cc).

However how could they (in Gnus Towers) have forgotten such a grand
slam command. One sees gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original but
that is something different.

OK, at least the manual should mention how to do such a grand slam.

* Re: post and email at the same time
@ 2009-02-17 15:13     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-02-17 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:50:54 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

j> There used to be a command that would
j> 1. Reply to the news item via the Newsgroup
j> 2. Also send a courtesy copy to the poster via email.
j> but it is gone?

TZ> I usually add a CC header (C-c C-f C-f) and it all Just Works.
j> Yes, you mean C-c C-f C-c (message-goto-cc).

Yeah.  I can type it without fail :)

j> However how could they (in Gnus Towers) have forgotten such a grand
j> slam command. One sees gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original but
j> that is something different.

j> OK, at least the manual should mention how to do such a grand slam.

I agree, could you contribute this?

Thanks
Ted

* Re: post and email at the same time
@ 2009-02-17 20:13       ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-02-17 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

j> OK, at least the manual should mention how to do such a grand slam.

TZ> I agree, could you contribute this?

OK, here goes: into the manual please add:

If you wish to
1. reply to the news item via the Newsgroup, and
2. also send a "courtesy copy" to the poster via email,
then either type
1. C-c C-f C-c (message-goto-cc), or
2. C-c C-f C-n (message-goto-newsgroups)
depending on what header is missing, and fill the details in by
hand...

Yuck. Never mind. Someone who knows lisp should just please implement
a two in one command...