* Re: png in message, reply and preview  `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
       [not found] <mailman.6525.1201266737.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-01-25 14:28 ` David Kastrup
       [not found]   ` <mailman.6529.1201274666.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: David Kastrup @ 2008-01-25 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> However when I reply seamonkey lets the png untoughed while gnus
> deletes it. I presume that has to do with the fact that gnus send
> messages as plain text.

Hardly.  C-c C-f can forward PNGs just fine.

* Re: png in message, reply and preview  `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
@ 2008-01-25 15:24   ` Uwe Brauer
       [not found]   ` <mailman.6529.1201274666.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2008-01-25 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   >> However when I reply seamonkey lets the png untoughed while gnus
   >> deletes it. I presume that has to do with the fact that gnus send
   >> messages as plain text.

   > Hardly.  C-c C-f can forward PNGs just fine.

You are right, however
 `gnus-summary-reply-with-original'

does not and I can't see any  way to include these png the same way
forwarding does that.

@ 2008-01-25 16:40     ` William F Hammond
From: William F Hammond @ 2008-01-25 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>    >> deletes it. I presume that has to do with the fact that gnus send
>    >> messages as plain text.
>
>    > Hardly.  C-c C-f can forward PNGs just fine.
>
> You are right, however
>  `gnus-summary-reply-with-original'
> does not and I can't see any  way to include these png the same way
> forwarding does that.

From the summary buffer I use
'gnus-summary-followup-with-original' (key: F)
or
'gnus-summary-followup' (key: f)

Then mml-attach-file from the message composition buffer (key: C-c RET f)
or (Menu: Attachments->Attach File)

Its doc is this:

  mml-attach-file is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mml'.
  (mml-attach-file FILE &optional TYPE DESCRIPTION DISPOSITION)

  Attach a file to the outgoing MIME message.
  The file is not inserted or encoded until you send the message with
  `C-c C-c' or `C-c C-s'.

  FILE is the name of the file to attach.  TYPE is its content-type, a
  string of the form "type/subtype".  DESCRIPTION is a one-line
  description of the attachment.

You'll be prompted for type, description, and disposition.
The doc should say that disposition is one of "attachment" or "inline"
or ... (I'm not sure if there are other choices -- tab at the prompt
to check)

                                    -- Bill

* Re: png in message, reply and preview  `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
@ 2008-01-25 18:03       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-01-25 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:40:25 -0500 William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu> wrote:

>> > Hardly.  C-c C-f can forward PNGs just fine.
>>
>> You are right, however
>> `gnus-summary-reply-with-original'
>> does not and I can't see any  way to include these png the same way
>> forwarding does that.

WFH> From the summary buffer I use
WFH> 'gnus-summary-followup-with-original' (key: F)
WFH> or
WFH> 'gnus-summary-followup' (key: f)

WFH> Then mml-attach-file from the message composition buffer (key: C-c RET f)
WFH> or (Menu: Attachments->Attach File)

I think it makes sense quite often to reply and include attached files.
In fact I've had to send a second reply several times because the
original reply didn't include an attachment.  If there is no way to do
it now, maybe it should be added as an option, and maybe even the
default.

Ted

* Re: png in message, reply and preview  `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
@ 2008-01-27 10:12       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2008-01-27 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

   >> You are right, however
   >> `gnus-summary-reply-with-original'
   >> does not and I can't see any  way to include these png the same way
   >> forwarding does that.

   > From the summary buffer I use
   > 'gnus-summary-followup-with-original' (key: F)
   > or
   > 'gnus-summary-followup' (key: f)

   > Then mml-attach-file from the message composition buffer (key: C-c RET f)
   > or (Menu: Attachments->Attach File)

   > Its doc is this:

   >   mml-attach-file is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mml'.
   >   (mml-attach-file FILE &optional TYPE DESCRIPTION DISPOSITION)

   >   Attach a file to the outgoing MIME message.
   >   The file is not inserted or encoded until you send the message with
   >   `C-c C-c' or `C-c C-s'.

Well to do this you have the message first and that looks to my quite
cumbersome, so one could use mml-attach-buffer (after having saved the
buffer which is sort of complicated too)

Uwe Brauer

* png in message, reply and preview  `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
@ 2008-01-25 13:11 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2008-01-25 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: auctex