* Quotation markup in Gnus
@ 2007-12-29 23:09 Sven Bretfeld
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2007-12-29 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi to all

I have noticed that some of you use a kind of markup to highlight
special passages in emails, for example for Lisp code examples or
for quotes from a manual.

Sometimes I see Lisp code passages displayed with green background
color, sometimes I see quotations enclosed by a frame similar to this:

 _
/
| Text
| Text
| Text
\_

How to do that? Is it a special package or a standard function of Gnus
or Message mode I have not yet discovered? I have searched the net and
the Gnus manual, but I seem to have missed the relevant keywords.

Greetings

Sven

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Quotation markup in Gnus
@ 2007-12-30  1:12 ` Pascal Bourguignon
       [not found] ` <mailman.5511.1199009818.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2007-12-30  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

> Hi to all
>
> I have noticed that some of you use a kind of markup to highlight
> special passages in emails, for example for Lisp code examples or
> for quotes from a manual.
>
> Sometimes I see Lisp code passages displayed with green background
> color, sometimes I see quotations enclosed by a frame similar to this:
>
>  _
> /
> | Text
> | Text
> | Text
> \_
>
> How to do that? Is it a special package or a standard function of Gnus
> or Message mode I have not yet discovered? I have searched the net and
> the Gnus manual, but I seem to have missed the relevant keywords.

There is for example boxquote.
Select a region, and type M-x boxquote-region RET

,----
| How to do that? Is it a special package or a standard function of Gnus
| or Message mode I have not yet discovered? I have searched the net and
| the Gnus manual, but I seem to have missed the relevant keywords.
`----

M-x apropos RET boxquote RET

"This statement is false."            In Lisp: (defun Q () (eq nil (Q)))

* Re: Quotation markup in Gnus
@ 2007-12-30 10:08 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.5511.1199009818.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-12-30 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

Hi,

> Sometimes I see Lisp code passages displayed with green background
> color,

Mark the code snippet in the message buffer and do `C-c M-m'.

,----

`----

> sometimes I see quotations enclosed by a frame similar to this:

Like above?  That's boxquote.el.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Quotation markup in Gnus