* newbie question about use -- thanks
@ 2007-11-10 12:30 David Rod
From: David Rod @ 2007-11-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi
I have been using gnus over 3 days.
In groups buffer I type AA to get a list of groups
This takes a long time
How do I get from this list back to the normal groups view without using
t to toggle the mode as topics?
How can I look at a list of newsgroups which is retained locally without
having to do AA each time which takes ages.
If I do A z I get the zombie groups, so it stands to reason that the
local machine must know where non-zombie groups are also.

* Re: newbie question about use -- thanks
@ 2007-11-11  9:35 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-11  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

David Rod <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

Hi David,

> In groups buffer I type AA to get a list of groups This takes a long
> time How do I get from this list back to the normal groups view
> without using t to toggle the mode as topics?

Try `l' (gnus-group-list-groups) and `L' (gnus-group-list-all-groups).

Bye,
Tassilo
--
In the beginning there was nothing...then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked
that nothing in the face and said  "Get a job". That is the story of the