* nobbling x-face
@ 2006-03-23 14:44 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2006-03-23 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just started using gnus again after an enforced outlook break
(bad, really bad).

The new version of gnus that I am using has some really nice
features. x-face support is, however, not one of them. I've tried to
nobble this, but it's not working for me.

I've tried...

(setq gnus-article-x-face-command
      'phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all)

(defun phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all (data))

(setq gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly ".*")

which should work, but still those grainy images are smiling out at
me.

Anyone got any further ideas?

Phil

* Re: nobbling x-face
@ 2006-03-23 17:26 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2006-03-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:44:02 +0000, Phillip wrote:

> The new version of gnus that I am using has some really nice
> features. x-face support is, however, not one of them. I've tried to
> nobble this, but it's not working for me.

> I've tried...

> (setq gnus-article-x-face-command
>       'phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all)

> (defun phil-mail-x-face-do-sod-all (data))

> (setq gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly ".*")

Perhaps this is what you are looking for:

 (setq gnus-treat-display-x-face nil)

?

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: nobbling x-face
@ 2006-03-24 11:12   ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2006-03-24 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

  >> The new version of gnus that I am using has some really nice
  >> features. x-face support is, however, not one of them. I've tried
  >> to nobble this, but it's not working for me.

  AS> Perhaps this is what you are looking for:

  AS>  (setq gnus-treat-display-x-face nil)

Looks good, thanks...