* re-route the inbox
@ 2005-08-05 11:46 Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-08-05 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

i had setup a new mail splitting rules using nnmail-split-fancy. so i want to
have those old messages in inbox re-processed by the new rules.  what's the
method?  B-r seems not designed for this purpose.

--
steven woody (id: narke)

* Re: re-route the inbox
@ 2005-08-05 16:16 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-08-05 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven Woody <anti-spam.narkewoody@gmail.com.dont-post-to> writes:

> i had setup a new mail splitting rules using nnmail-split-fancy. so i want to
> have those old messages in inbox re-processed by the new rules.  what's the
> method?  B-r seems not designed for this purpose.

Why not?  I'd think of 'B r' as being the right tool (unless you're
using nnimap).  Probably the best recipe to refile everything in your
inbox is

  C-u M-RET   Open inbox group, doing no scoring
  M P b       Process-mark everything
  B r         Refile it (them)

  --dzm

* Re: re-route the inbox
@ 2005-08-06  1:45   ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-08-06  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> Steven Woody <anti-spam.narkewoody@gmail.com.dont-post-to> writes:
>
>> i had setup a new mail splitting rules using nnmail-split-fancy. so i want to
>> have those old messages in inbox re-processed by the new rules.  what's the
>> method?  B-r seems not designed for this purpose.
>
> Why not?  I'd think of 'B r' as being the right tool (unless you're
> using nnimap).  Probably the best recipe to refile everything in your
> inbox is
>
>   C-u M-RET   Open inbox group, doing no scoring
>   M P b       Process-mark everything
>   B r         Refile it (them)
>
>   --dzm

you are right. i found the problem come from the regular expression of the
split-fancy list not the respooling processing. please see my another post.

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Bob: Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. We
have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and
then the country. Are you in or you out?
Charlotte: I'm in.

	- Lost in Translation (2003)