* Formatting of messages with MIME parts
@ 2002-06-04 18:57 RL
From: RL @ 2002-06-04 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

With the settings

 (setq gnus-mime-display-multipart-as-mixed t)
 (setq gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types '("text/plain"))
 (add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/html")

	(eval-after-load "w3"	  ;Clicking links in w3 opens external browser
  	'(progn
      (fset 'w3-fetch-orig (symbol-function 'w3-fetch))
      (defun w3-fetch (&optional url target)
        (interactive (list (w3-read-url-with-default)))
        (if (eq major-mode 'gnus-article-mode)
           (browse-url url)
        (w3-fetch-orig url target)))))

I pretty much get messages displayed how I would like except that

1. If i get a multi-part message with plain-text and html, then i get
   both parts displayed inline at the same time.  I would prefer to
   have the html part given a button, but not to be expanded unless i
   click on it.

   One way of doing this is to set
   `gnus-mime-display-multipart-as-mixed' to `nil', but that puts the
   button before both parts, and I would prefer to ahve a separate
   button for each.  Another option would be to do

	 (add-to-list 'mm-inline-override-types "text/html")

   But that would hide the html from messages that come only in html
   format, which i dont want to do.

2. For messages in html only, I would prefer to suppress the button.
   I guess what i am saying is that i want to hide the button for the
   first part of every message.

3. I would prefer to insert a blank line before buttons referring to
   MIME types so that theya re more obviously separate from the
   preceding part (but I wouldnt want to add extra lines before the
   *first* [hopefully unbuytonised] part.

Since there always seems to be a way to get gnus to do exactly what
you want, can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks in advance
R.

(gnus 5.9.0, emacs 21.1.1.)

ps, I just ran `M-x ispell-message' and it didnt notice the `ahve' in
line 31 (this is with ispell 3.1.20-12). Why is that?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-04 18:57 UTC | newest]