* Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2014-12-29 16:17 Eric
From: Eric @ 2014-12-29 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,
I am using emacs 24.4. Following this instruction:
http://superuser.com/questions/86798/multiple-email-accounts-from-the-same-server-in-emacs-gnus
The same solution is posted here
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2008-04/msg00088.html
But all looks to be outdated.
My trial setup is like this:

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
	     '(nnimap "name1"
                      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                      (nnimap-server-port 993)
                      (nnimap-stream ssl)
                      (nnir-search-engine imap)
                      (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
                      (nnmail-expiry-wait 90))
	     '(nnimap "name2"
                     (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                     (nnimap-server-port 993)
                     (nnimap-stream ssl)))

the authinfo file has:
machine name1 login email1 <at> gmail.com password mypass1 port 993 force yes
machine name2 login email2 <at> gmail.com password mypass2 port 993 force yes

but it doesn't work for me. There are several other solutions like this
online. Looks like gnus is trying to connect to name1 and name2 which is not
a real server name. It might be possible by editing the etc/host file.

Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?
Thanks a lot.
Eric

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2014-12-29 17:36 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-12-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Eric writes:

> Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?

This works for me:

,----[ ~/.gnus ]

`----

,----[ ~/.authinfo ]

| machine gmail login account@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
| machine gmail2 login account2@gmail.com password "account2password" port imap

`----

What happens when you try? Do you get any errors in the " *Messages*"
buffer? What does C-h v gnus-secondary-select-methods RET say?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Some angel whore                                            Adam Sjøgren
  Who can learn a guitar lick                            asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2015-01-16  6:26 ` Helmut Waitzmann
From: Helmut Waitzmann @ 2015-01-16  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Eric <thegreatfq@gmail.com> writes:

> (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	     '(nnimap "name1"
>                       (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>                       (nnimap-server-port 993)
>                       (nnimap-stream ssl)
>                       (nnir-search-engine imap)
>                       (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
>                       (nnmail-expiry-wait 90))
> 	     '(nnimap "name2"
>                      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>                      (nnimap-server-port 993)
>                      (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>
> the authinfo file has:
> machine name1 login email1 <at> gmail.com password mypass1 port 993 force yes
> machine name2 login email2 <at> gmail.com password mypass2 port 993 force yes
>
> but it doesn't work for me. There are several other solutions like this
> online. Looks like gnus is trying to connect to name1 and name2 which is not
> a real server name. It might be possible by editing the etc/host file.

Use a different authinfo file for each of the two accounts:

> (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	     '(nnimap "name1"
                      (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/name1.authinfo")
>                       (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>                       (nnimap-server-port 993)
>                       (nnimap-stream ssl)
>                       (nnir-search-engine imap)
>                       (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
>                       (nnmail-expiry-wait 90))
> 	     '(nnimap "name2"
                      (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/name2.authinfo")
>                      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>                      (nnimap-server-port 993)
>                      (nnimap-stream ssl)))

The contents of the authinfo files are then

~/name1.authinfo:
machine imap.gmail.com login email1 <at> gmail.com password mypass1 port 993 force yes

~/name2.authinfo:
machine imap.gmail.com login email2 <at> gmail.com password mypass2 port 993 force yes