* Re: Synchronising my usenet usage between different machines
       [not found]     ` <871ur5994g.fsf@lifelogs.com>
@ 2012-01-12  8:29       ` Christian Kellermann
From: Christian Kellermann @ 2012-01-12  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> It's in the latest Gnus Git checkout.  Sorry but you'd have to upgrade
> to the latest Emacs and Gnus to use it.

Ah no problem, I will have a look anyway, this seems to be interesting!

Thanks,

Christian

* Re: Synchronising my usenet usage between different machines
       [not found] <87zkdw66sm.fsf@necronomicon.my.domain>
@ 2012-01-09 19:13 ` Thorsten Bonow
       [not found] ` <878vle7yvd.fsf@lifelogs.com>
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2012-01-09 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    Christian> Dear Group, I use gnus to read news at work and at home. I would
    Christian> like to synchronise my meta data between these two places so
    Christian> that the article and group submission status is synced somehow.

    Christian> From reading the manual ".newsrc", ".newsrc.eld" and
    Christian> ".newsrc-dribble" are the usual suspects. Do I need to sync more
    Christian> than this?

    Christian> Also is there a way to make gnus read in these files again if
    Christian> they get changed beneath it or should I quit gnus during the
    Christian> process of synchronisation?

    Christian> Is this described already somewhere?

    Christian> Thanks!

    Christian> Christian

Hi, I'm using the procedure described in the EmacsWiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusSync

Needs rsync & ssh and you need net access to the other machine. But it should
be possible to adapt it to save the data to e.g. a memory stick.

Hope this helps.

Toto

--
Mal: Well, they tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is
on occasion hilarious.