* crashing into a gnus-downloadable-mark
@ 2010-08-26 11:27 Gijs Hillenius
       [not found] ` <87bp8p8s9x.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-08-26 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello

Handling a lot of email, my fingers often accidentally key in all kinds
of keys and keycombinations.. somehow I've managed to mark a IMAP email
message with a "%" (percentage symbol) .

From the docs, I learned I might have explicitly marked the article for
download.

I would like the docs to tell me also how to unmark it.

* Re: crashing into a gnus-downloadable-mark
       [not found]   ` <877hjd8s6v.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
@ 2010-08-26 13:08     ` Gijs Hillenius
       [not found]       ` <87vd6x78vu.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-08-26 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 26 Aug 2010, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:36:42 +0200, Adam wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:27:22 +0200, Gijs wrote:
>>> I would like the docs to tell me also how to unmark it.
>
>> ,----
>> | M-u runs `gnus-summary-clear-mark-forward'
>
> Only the % returns when you quit the group... To really get rid of it,
> you need:
>
> J M-#           gnus-agent-unmark-article

There must be something more I need to do. That mark is stuck :-/ it
returns when I quit and entered the group..

@ 2010-08-26 16:01         ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-08-26 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 26 Aug 2010, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:08:44 +0200, Gijs wrote:
>
>> There must be something more I need to do. That mark is stuck :-/ it
>> returns when I quit and entered the group..
>
> It disappears for me when I go J M-#
>
> If I just use M-u it re-appears.
>
> Are you sure J M-# doesn't work for you?

Yes :-) tho I whish it otherwise.

I have a feeling it is not a regular % mark. I can mark some other
articles as downloadable, (so they also have a % in the first column)
and there the marks dissapear when I quit the group and enter it once
more.

Moving the message to another nnimap folder does not solve the
issue. Marking the message ! has no effect, quit/enter the group and it
will be marked % again.