* How to empty Gnus newsgroups caches ?
@ 2010-05-02 18:27 Ashish SHUKLA
From: Ashish SHUKLA @ 2010-05-02 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi

I'm using Leafnode as a NNTP server for my Gnus. And, I've recently mkfs'd my
news spool, And I've also removed .newsrc files, but when I load Gnus, I still
see Gnus showing old message count in *Group* buffer. To me, it looks like
Gnus has cached newsgroup information somewhere also. So, is there any way to
empty Gnus's newsgroup cache ?

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA

Sent via Gnus from GNU Emacs

* Re: How to empty Gnus newsgroups caches ?
@ 2010-05-08 12:39 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2010-05-08 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ashish SHUKLA writes:

> I'm using Leafnode as a NNTP server for my Gnus. And, I've recently mkfs'd my
> news spool, And I've also removed .newsrc files, but when I load Gnus, I still
> see Gnus showing old message count in *Group* buffer. To me, it looks like
> Gnus has cached newsgroup information somewhere also. So, is there any way to
> empty Gnus's newsgroup cache ?

M-c in the group buffer makes Gnus forget all marks (including read
ranges) about that group.  Stale data could still come from the Agent,
if it is enabled for the method (use J r in the server buffer to disable
it).

regards,
andreas