* mail-sources default change?
@ 2007-11-27 19:02 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-11-27 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi.

I just cvs update'd my No Gnus checkout.

Did the default for mail-sources change?

Before the update I didn't have anything configured and email was being
pulled from /var/mail/asjo.

Now it seems I have to set mail-sources to '((file)) to get mail from
the spool?

  Just curious,

    Adam

--
 "Subdued flamboyance"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: mail-sources default change?
@ 2007-11-27 22:53 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-11-27 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I just cvs update'd my No Gnus checkout.
> Did the default for mail-sources change?

Yes, it has been changed a couple of days ago.

	* nnmail.el (nnmail-spool-file): Remove obsolete variable.
	(nnmail-get-new-mail): Remove code using `nnmail-spool-file'.

> Before the update I didn't have anything configured and email was being
> pulled from /var/mail/asjo.

Because `nnmail-spool-file' was '((file)) by default.

> Now it seems I have to set mail-sources to '((file)) to get mail from
> the spool?

Yes.  Though it might be still helpful to let Gnus check the
local spool by default if `mail-sources' is not set.

* Re: mail-sources default change?
@ 2007-11-28 15:20   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-11-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:53:58 +0900, Katsumi wrote:

>> I just cvs update'd my No Gnus checkout.
>> Did the default for mail-sources change?

> Yes, it has been changed a couple of days ago.

> 	* nnmail.el (nnmail-spool-file): Remove obsolete variable.
> 	(nnmail-get-new-mail): Remove code using `nnmail-spool-file'.

Ah, okay. I think I looked in the wrong Changelog-file.

  Thanks for clearing it up,

      Adam

--

@ 2007-11-28 22:26 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-11-28 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Nov 27 2007, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> I just cvs update'd my No Gnus checkout.

Please post questions about the development version on the ding list
in the future.

> Now it seems I have to set mail-sources to '((file)) to get mail from
> the spool?

Fixed in CVS.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: mail-sources default change?
@ 2007-11-28 23:28   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-11-28 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:26:51 +0100, Reiner wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27 2007, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
>> I just cvs update'd my No Gnus checkout.

> Please post questions about the development version on the ding list
> in the future.

Whoops, sorry, will do. ding is called gmane.emacs.gnus.general on
gmane.org which is quite close to gnu.emacs.gnus - thus my mistake.

>> Now it seems I have to set mail-sources to '((file)) to get mail from
>> the spool?

> Fixed in CVS.

Thanks!

  Best regards,

--
 "parsley, sage, rosemary and KOMPRESSOR"                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk