* Folding in article window?
@ 2013-05-30  8:25 Rainer M. Krug
From: Rainer M. Krug @ 2013-05-30  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi

I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I
really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article
buffer.

Is there something like this possible in gnus?

If not, is there an easy way of opening the thread in notmuch (obviously
assuming it was indexed already)? Something like searching for the
subject or mail id using notmuch-search?

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 489 bytes --]

* Re: Folding in article window?
@ 2013-06-04 22:03 ` W. Greenhouse
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2013-06-04 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Rainer,

Rainer-vfylz/Ys1k4@public.gmane.org (Rainer M. Krug) writes:

> Hi
>
> I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I
> really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article
> buffer.
>
> Is there something like this possible in gnus?
>
> If not, is there an easy way of opening the thread in notmuch (obviously
> assuming it was indexed already)? Something like searching for the
> subject or mail id using notmuch-search?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

See the variable `gnus-treat-hide-citation'.  This will elide quoted
text for you, giving you a button to press to show the quoted text
again.  You can also give the variable an integer, to elide only text
below a certain quotation level.

See also (info "(gnus) Customizing Articles").

-WGG

--
BOFH excuse #300:

Digital Manipulator exceeding velocity parameters

* Re: Folding in article window?
@ 2013-06-05  6:44   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2013-06-05  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse)
writes:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I
>> really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article
>> buffer.
>>
>> Is there something like this possible in gnus?
>>
>> If not, is there an easy way of opening the thread in notmuch (obviously
>> assuming it was indexed already)? Something like searching for the
>> subject or mail id using notmuch-search?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer
>
> See the variable `gnus-treat-hide-citation'.  This will elide quoted
> text for you, giving you a button to press to show the quoted text
> again.  You can also give the variable an integer, to elide only text
> below a certain quotation level.

Thanks

somehow this thread's response ended up on gmane.emacs.gnus.general.

I am looking for a kind of single thread summary buffer, in which I can
view the articles *in the summary buffer* by selecting them. Then they
are expanded, and by selecting them again, they can be collapsed again.

It seems that this does not exist in gnus.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug

email: RMKrug<at>gmail<dot>com

@ 2013-06-05 14:20     ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2013-06-05 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
> I am looking for a kind of single thread summary buffer, in which I can
> view the articles *in the summary buffer* by selecting them. Then they
> are expanded, and by selecting them again, they can be collapsed
> again.

Perhaps you what summary limiting followed by turning off threading?

    / T T T

Or maybe one of the topics in the manual under *(gnus) Alternative
Approaches*.

--
Peter Jones --- Love to Develop
Devalot: http://www.devalot.com