* Re: newbie splitting mail question
       [not found] <mailman.6.1293727811.6961.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-12-30 17:58 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-12-30 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@eku.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've just got gnus configured to read my mail via IMAP. Looks good, but
> I'm having trouble figuring out the syntax for splitting mail. Nothing
> gets split now, and when I run B q on any email, the message returned
> indicates it would be refiled to mail.misc, which doesn't exist as far
> as I can tell. I've pasted all of my gnus config details below. Can
> anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tyler
>
> ;; loaded from my .emacs.d/init.el via (load "~/.emacs.d/gnus")
>
> (add-hook 'gnus-group-mode-hook 'gnus-topic-mode)
>
> (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nnimap "mail"
> 		(nnimap-address "MY-IMAP-SERVER")
> 		(nnimap-stream network)
> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
> 		(nnimap-port 143)
> 		(nnimap-split-methods
> 		 '(("INBOX.forwarded" "^Received:.*OLD.SERVER")
> 		   ("INBOX.default" "")))))
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "news.gmane.org")))
>
> (defun my-gnus-summary-hook ()
>   (local-set-key "t" 'gnus-summary-mark-as-processable))
>
> (add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'my-gnus-summary-hook)
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>        '(("*"    ; Matches all groups of messages
>           (address "my.email.address@myschool.edu")
>           (name "My Name"))))
>
> (setq nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX")
> (setq nnimap-split-predicate "UNDELETED")

I would be interested in this too. My imap splitting doesnt work with
spam-split anymore. Unfortunately I haven't seen a working version
posted ;(

Did you try using, and excuse my poor elisp/gnus terminology, all
"globals" instead of passing them to gnus-select-method? The manual
isn't very clear about whats best or the differences.

* Re: newbie splitting mail question
@ 2010-12-30 18:42   ` Tyler Smith
From: Tyler Smith @ 2010-12-30 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@eku.edu> writes:
>

>> (setq gnus-select-method
>>       '(nnimap "mail"
>> 		(nnimap-address "MY-IMAP-SERVER")
>> 		(nnimap-stream network)
>> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
>> 		(nnimap-port 143)
>> 		(nnimap-split-methods
>> 		 '(("INBOX.forwarded" "^Received:.*OLD.SERVER")
>> 		   ("INBOX.default" "")))))
>>

> I would be interested in this too. My imap splitting doesnt work with
> spam-split anymore. Unfortunately I haven't seen a working version
> posted ;(
>
> Did you try using, and excuse my poor elisp/gnus terminology, all
> "globals" instead of passing them to gnus-select-method? The manual
> isn't very clear about whats best or the differences.

I started using the global version, gnus-split-methods, with the same
non-result.

Thanks,

Tyler

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of
2010-10-12
Gnus v5.13

* Re: newbie splitting mail question
@ 2010-12-31 10:46 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-12-31 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Tyler Smith writes:

> I've just got gnus configured to read my mail via IMAP. Looks good, but
> I'm having trouble figuring out the syntax for splitting mail. Nothing
> gets split now, and when I run B q on any email, the message returned
> indicates it would be refiled to mail.misc, which doesn't exist as far
> as I can tell.

I'm struggling with the same issue, trying to debug with B t instead of
B q. Anyway, B t "calls" B q, but the latter makes an explicit call to
nnmail-article-group, so I'm starting to doubt if it can also be used
with nnimap.

--
Alberto

* newbie splitting mail question