* Re: nnimap-split-methods syntax
       [not found]       ` <m2zkshfgun.fsf@igel.home>
@ 2010-12-07 21:36         ` Tommy Kelly
From: Tommy Kelly @ 2010-12-07 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: info-gnus-english

[Moving to .gnus.user -- didn't realize I may be bugging people on
the development list]

I'm looking for some help in creating nnimap-split-methods that match on
more than one line. For example, I'd like to split out messages that are
From certain people AND To me.

I know I may need to try fancy splitting, but I'm now trying to
understand why certain regex's don't do what I expect. For example, I
tried a split something of the (imperfect) form:

("to-me-from-certain-people" "^From:.*certainpeople.com\\(.\\|\n\\)*To:.*tommy.kelly@verilab.com")

But it doesn't work. Even more confusingly, it does work for someone
else (on the developer list).

Can anyone suggest what the problem is?
What's the best way to debug this kind of thing? (I'm using nnimap, so
I'm not sure nnmail-split-history is useful -- I can't find an
nnimap-split-history).

thanks,
Tommy

* Re: nnimap-split-methods syntax
@ 2010-12-08 18:13           ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-12-08 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Tommy Kelly writes:

> [Moving to .gnus.user -- didn't realize I may be bugging people on
> the development list]
>
> I'm looking for some help in creating nnimap-split-methods that match on
> more than one line. For example, I'd like to split out messages that are
> From certain people AND To me.
>
> I know I may need to try fancy splitting, but I'm now trying to
> understand why certain regex's don't do what I expect. For example, I
> tried a split something of the (imperfect) form:
>
> ("to-me-from-certain-people" "^From:.*certainpeople.com\\(.\\|\n\\)*To:.*tommy.kelly@verilab.com")
>
> But it doesn't work. Even more confusingly, it does work for someone
> else (on the developer list).
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem is?
> What's the best way to debug this kind of thing? (I'm using nnimap, so
> I'm not sure nnmail-split-history is useful -- I can't find an
> nnimap-split-history).

You can find useful the regexp-builder mode when applied to some of your
mails, in order to see if your regex is correct. `C-u g', that is
`gnus-summary-show-article' called with an argument, can show you also
the raw mail for you to test.

--
Alberto