* Replying to gmane
@ 2008-12-02 21:30 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-12-02 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I have a couple of groups which come from Gmane, which uses a mail to
news gateway thing.

I'd like to reply to one of the article but can't do it easily: doing
'S W' just only reply to the person mentioned by 'From:' header field
and doing 'F' just reply to the mailing list which is usually bad when
replying to a mailing list.

I noticed that X-Original-To and X-Original-Cc header fields are
correctly initialized. Is there a command to make Gnus use them when
replying ?

thanks

Francis

* Re: Replying to gmane
@ 2008-12-03 20:25 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-12-03 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Dec 02 2008, Francis Moreau wrote:

> I have a couple of groups which come from Gmane, which uses a mail to
> news gateway thing.
>
> I'd like to reply to one of the article but can't do it easily: doing
> 'S W' just only reply to the person mentioned by 'From:' header field

`S V'?

> and doing 'F' just reply to the mailing list which is usually bad when
> replying to a mailing list.

> I noticed that X-Original-To and X-Original-Cc header fields are
> correctly initialized. Is there a command to make Gnus use them when
> replying ?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Replying to gmane
@ 2008-12-04  9:13   ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-12-04  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original RET ]

| Start composing a very wide reply mail to the current message.
| The original article will be yanked.
`----

Are you meaning that 'very' in the description means include
X-Original-{To,Cc} in the reply.

The documention is very not clear.

Francis

* Re: Replying to gmane
@ 2008-12-04 11:31     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2008-12-04 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>>> I have a couple of groups which come from Gmane, which uses a mail to
>>> news gateway thing.
>>>
>>> I'd like to reply to one of the article but can't do it easily: doing
>>> 'S W' just only reply to the person mentioned by 'From:' header field

I couldn't reproduce this by using Gnus v5.11 on Emacs 22.2.
What Gmane group(s) did you mention about?