* Entering a group : gnus-topic-select-group
@ 2006-09-11 23:45 Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-09-11 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, but I cant see where gnus decides whether to prompt you for
number of artcles to fetch on group entry in the case they are all
already read.

I set debug-on-entry to gnus-topic-select-group, but didnt learn much, I
browsed gnus-topics.el but didnt really understand it too well.

Is the number configurable? If you could point out how you found it I'd
be grateful.

Since I mentioned debugging, is there any environment where I can
highlight a variable and get its value? Any sort of global/local
listings available? I looked at the info page for debugger mode and it
seems quite antiquated. What tools do you use to debug lisp?

* Re: Entering a group : gnus-topic-select-group
@ 2006-09-12  0:22 ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2006-09-12  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, but I cant see where gnus decides whether to prompt you for
> number of artcles to fetch on group entry in the case they are all
> already read.

(setq gnus-large-newsgroup 500) might be helpful (or whatever number you
prefer).

--
-John Sullivan1
-http://www.wjsullivan.net