* Citation and blank lines
@ 2005-06-15  7:05 Lars Haugseth
From: Lars Haugseth @ 2005-06-15  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want my citations to look like this:

* Bob wrote:

| Hi!
|
| How are you?

To accomplish this, I have the following in my .gnus.pl:

 ;; Message citation
 (setq message-cite-function 'message-cite-original-without-signature)
 (defun my-insert-citation-line ()
   "Function that inserts a simple citation line."
   (when message-reply-headers
     (insert "* " (mail-header-from message-reply-headers) " wrote:\n|\n")))
 (setq message-citation-line-function 'my-insert-citation-line)
 (setq message-yank-prefix "| ")

This almost works. The only problem is, blank lines in the
cited text yields '>' instead of '|' as prefix, like this:

* Bob wrote:

| Hi!
>
| How are you?

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

--
Lars Haugseth

* Re: Citation and blank lines
@ 2005-06-15  7:16 ` Steinar Børmer
From: Steinar Børmer @ 2005-06-15  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Haugseth wrote:

|  (setq message-yank-prefix "| ")
|
| This almost works. The only problem is, blank lines in the
| cited text yields '>' instead of '|' as prefix, like this:
|
| * Bob wrote:
| |
| | Hi!
| >
| | How are you?
|
| Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

(setq message-yank-cited-prefix "| ")

--
SB

When in doubt, use brute force.
                -- Ken Thompson

* Re: Citation and blank lines
@ 2005-06-15  8:10   ` Lars Haugseth
From: Lars Haugseth @ 2005-06-15  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

* steinab@ifi.uio.no (Steinar Børmer) wrote:

| Lars Haugseth wrote:
|
| |  (setq message-yank-prefix "| ")
| |
| | This almost works. The only problem is, blank lines in the
| | cited text yields '>' instead of '|' as prefix, like this:
| |
| | * Bob wrote:
| | |
| | | Hi!
| | >
| | | How are you?
| |
| | Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?
|
| (setq message-yank-cited-prefix "| ")

That did the trick, thanks. It is indeed mentioned in the
documentation of the message-tank-prefix variable, so I don't
know why I haven't tried it before.

--
Lars Haugseth