* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble
       [not found] <ykjlm43a730.fsf@cs.cs.appstate.edu>
@ 2002-11-09 15:47 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <ykj4rapwih9.fsf@cs.cs.appstate.edu>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-09 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Smith <ds37577@cs.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> I'm having trouble getting IMAP over SSL working.  I had it working
> fine with another machine, but I can't get this new install to work.
> I've tried getting emacs 21.1 and 21.2 from source but none seem to
> work.  I don't know what's different about the other machine, but it
> works and this one doesn't.  Can someone help?
>
> Here is the relevant part of my .gnus:
>
>> ;; IMAP/SSL Config
>> (setq imap-ssl-program "/usr/bin/openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect %s:%p")

What happens when you use the above command line to manually connect
to the IMAP server?  You'll need to replace %s and %p with proper
values, of course.

(After connecting to the server, I always issue "1 logout"...)

kai

* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble
       [not found]     ` <84k7jkv9y0.fsf@crybaby.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2002-11-11 14:57       ` Dan Smith
From: Dan Smith @ 2002-11-11 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ah.  Hm.  Another idea is to look for the " *nnimap foo*" buffer.

I don't see that buffer in the list.  Do I need to set a flag in order to get
logging to that buffer setup?

Are there any packages for emacs that I might need for this to work correctly?
Is there something that doesn't come with the source that the other distro
might've put in there for me?

Thanks!

--Dan

* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble
@ 2002-11-11 16:47         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-11 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Smith <ds37577@cs.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

>> Ah.  Hm.  Another idea is to look for the " *nnimap foo*" buffer.
>
> I don't see that buffer in the list.  Do I need to set a flag in order to get
> logging to that buffer setup?

No, it's the buffer that nnimap uses internally for communication
with the server.  So it seems that things fail quite early on.  Hm.

Have you tried the openssl command from M-x shell RET yet?  Maybe
that fails in some instructive way.

You could also search in the imap.el or nnimap.el source code to
figure out which Lisp statements opens the connection (look for
start-process).  Maybe something useful happens if you try that
statement manually.

kai

* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble
       [not found]     ` <87el9r7vjd.fsf@gvdnet.dk>
@ 2002-11-11 21:15       ` Dan Smith
       [not found]         ` <ilur8drmd7w.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
From: Dan Smith @ 2002-11-11 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> IMAP over SSL had given me many woes... until I updated ssl.el from
> the buggy version I got with Emacs. You can get ssl.el from Gnus CVS
> in the contrib directory. Give it a go and see if that's the problem.

I updated ssl.el from the Gnus CVS and it works!  Thank you SO much!  I
guess the other distro must've known what the problem was and corrected for
it...

Thanks again!

--Dan

* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble
       [not found]         ` <ilur8drmd7w.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2002-11-12  8:14           ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-11-12  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hm, where did you get the older ssl.el from?  Maybe that source should
> be updated.  ssl.el is not shipped with Emacs, unless it was added by
> the packager.  Who packaged it?

  FWIW, Gnus and w3 ships different versions of ssl.el.  The one in w3
  has a higher version number though.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

* Re: IMAP/SSL Trouble