From: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Charset problems in console mode
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:04:52 GMT	[thread overview]

>>"Mart" == Mart van de Wege
>><mvdwege.usenet@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org> writes:

 Mart> Heh. In that case Martin concluded incorrectly that I was using
 Mart> Oort?  This is the standard Gnus from unstable I'm using, and
 Mart> according to you this cannot be Oort, right?

	Correct. Emacs21 in Debian unstable contains 5.9.0; and the
 standard stand alone Gnus in unstable is 5.8.8 (and does not over
 ride the built in 5.9.0).  I am packaging Oort 0.7 for unstable now,
 and probably shall upload either this weekend, or next month (I have
 a two week business trip coming up).

 Mart> Never mind. I was going to look at it in my own time, but if
 Mart> you say they're not in the package, hey, that's what /usr/local
 Mart> is for. Of course, if you think they should be packaged, that's
 Mart> your choice.

	I am leaning towards getting it installed under
 /usr/share/gnus/contrib, not in the standard path, but easily added
 by people who want to. The one thing that concerns me is whether the
 released Gnus shall retain the contrib files, because if not I'll
 have to add them in so as to not be lynched by irascible Debian
 users.

 Mart> Again, thanks.

	You are very welcome ;-)

	manoj
--
 Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better
 than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw