* Re: Charset problems in console mode
       [not found]   ` <87sn0ov2lh.fsf@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org>
@ 2002-09-05 16:55     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-05 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org> writes:

> Hmmm. Latin-9 as default for Dutch? Shouldn't that be Latin-1? What am
> I missing here?

The Euro sign.

kai

@ 2002-09-07  6:05     ` Manoj Srivastava
       [not found]       ` <8765xgehsf.fsf@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org>
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2002-09-07  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Mart> Martin Schmitz <dosenfleisch@gmx.de> writes:

 >> As you are using Oort, add the contrib directory from the Oort
 >> distribution to your load-path:

 Mart> This may already be set by my distribution. Debian is rather good at
 Mart> this. I'll investigate.

	No, I haven't dared introduce oort into unstable yet. I plan
 on doing so soon. Even then, I'm afraid that I was not planning on
 putting things in contrib into the load-path by default. I could
 include the contrib files into the package.

	If you want to experiment with Oort on Debia, add the
 following to your source.list:
deb http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/source/

	manoj
--
 What no spouse of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is
 working when he's staring out the window.

@ 2002-09-10 10:04         ` Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2002-09-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>"Mart" == Mart van de Wege
>><mvdwege.usenet@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org> writes:

 Mart> Heh. In that case Martin concluded incorrectly that I was using
 Mart> Oort?  This is the standard Gnus from unstable I'm using, and
 Mart> according to you this cannot be Oort, right?

	Correct. Emacs21 in Debian unstable contains 5.9.0; and the
 standard stand alone Gnus in unstable is 5.8.8 (and does not over
 ride the built in 5.9.0).  I am packaging Oort 0.7 for unstable now,
 and probably shall upload either this weekend, or next month (I have
 a two week business trip coming up).

 Mart> Never mind. I was going to look at it in my own time, but if
 Mart> you say they're not in the package, hey, that's what /usr/local
 Mart> is for. Of course, if you think they should be packaged, that's
 Mart> your choice.

	I am leaning towards getting it installed under
 /usr/share/gnus/contrib, not in the standard path, but easily added
 by people who want to. The one thing that concerns me is whether the
 released Gnus shall retain the contrib files, because if not I'll
 have to add them in so as to not be lynched by irascible Debian
 users.

 Mart> Again, thanks.

	You are very welcome ;-)

	manoj
--
 Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better
 than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw

       [not found]     ` <vaf65xkkecq.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-09-05 16:34       ` Petr Swedock
From: Petr Swedock @ 2002-09-05 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=) writes:

> Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@drebbelstraat20.dyndns.org> writes:
>
> > In case you wonder, I have a high tolerance for low refresh
> > rates. X runs at 1280x1024-60, and aside from text heavy applications,
> > I have no eyestrain problems. My major problem is that I can't stand
> > large amounts of text in black on white. The reverse I can handle a
> > lot better.
>
> I think even with X11, you can have white text on black background.

X doesn't run at any particular  and you can have anycolor text on
any color background.  (A fun trick is to switch a friends xterm
settings to white on white.... =-)

Peace,

Petr