"Steven E. Harris" writes: > Martin Geisler writes: > >> TMDA will only accept mails to that address for 3 days - after that >> period it will return the mail to the sender, and ask him or her to >> /confirm/ themselves by replying. > > Does this mean that the first three day's worth of spam get through > unchecked? Yes - the idea is, that the spammers wont be that quick. But I've actually changed the default from 5 days to just 3 days because I received a SPAM mail after just 4 days. > Does the white-list filter kick in only after three days? You can configure all this - the dated addresses I use in newsgroups expire after 3 days. If you're on my whitelist, then you mail will always be accepted, regardless of the address you send it to. -- Martin Geisler My GnuPG Key: 0xF7F6B57B See my homepage at http://www.gimpster.com/ for: PHP Weather => Shows the current weather on your webpage. PHP Shell => A telnet-connection (almost :-) in a PHP page.