Eric writes: > On Tuesday, 4 Apr 2023 at 12:49, Adam Sjøgren wrote: >> Thanks! What is the value of gnus-treat-fold-headers in your setup? > > head That's interesting - if I have it set to 'head the Face/X-Face image isn't shown. If I change it to nil, it is shown. (As per the bisect posted earlier - which was done with a minimal configuration, just: (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)) (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "gmane" (nntp-address "gmane.io")))) (setq gnus-auto-select-first nil) (setq gnus-expert-user t) (setq gnus-article-date-headers '(combined-local-lapsed)) (setq gnus-article-update-date-headers 60) ) Maybe it works for you because you are using a monospaced face? This is what it looks like for me, with 'head: