* keys for storing the hidden url at point
@ 2014-09-01  6:46 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-09-01  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello gnus,

is there a keyboard shortcut for storing the hidden url of a link?

The use case is that when I'm reading some rss articles at work I can't
just press RETURN, because then I'm behind a restrictive firewall and
I've set my default browser without proxy.  At work then I'd like to
paste the url into another browser with proxy settings.  At the moment
I've to display the article in raw mode, search the url and copy it.

     Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: keys for storing the hidden url at point
@ 2014-09-01 16:15 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-09-01 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> is there a keyboard shortcut for storing the hidden url of a link?

u copies it to clipboard, I think?

,----
| u runs the command gnus-article-copy-string, which is an interactive
| compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.
|
| (gnus-article-copy-string)
|
| Copy the string in the button to the kill ring.
`----

It may depend on what renderer you use for HTML (i.e. the value of
mm-text-html-renderer).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "For før jeg var myndig                                      Adam Sjøgren
  Har jeg været Faxe kyndig                              asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: keys for storing the hidden url at point
@ 2014-09-01 20:17   ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-09-01 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>
>> is there a keyboard shortcut for storing the hidden url of a link?
>
> u copies it to clipboard, I think?

Thanks, that was it!!! :-)

        Dieter

--