* how (when) to use (remove-prefix "INBOX.")
@ 2012-10-29 13:49 Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2012-10-29 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi!

I would appreciate it if a Gnus user can tell me what happens, if I were
to add

 (remove-prefix "INBOX.")

in the server configuration of my current Gnus?

more specifically

0) Will this change Gnus' Group display

which, for example, now shows:

     6: nnimap+thuis:INBOX.tex-nl
     4: nnimap+thuis:INBOX.thinkpad

     6: nnimap+thuis:tex-nl
     4: nnimap+thuis:thinkpad

?

Or, do I need to resubscribe to all mailboxes?

1) Will this influence splitting? I use nnimap-split-fancy, and will I
have to rewrite for example this line

  (any ".*@linux-thinkpad.org" "INBOX.thinkpad")

  (any ".*@linux-thinkpad.org" "thinkpad")

?

I also use splitting per bbdb, and will this make me need to remove the
word INBOX from those records?

* Re: how (when) to use (remove-prefix "INBOX.")
@ 2012-12-24 16:48 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> I would appreciate it if a Gnus user can tell me what happens, if I were
> to add
>
>  (remove-prefix "INBOX.")
>
> in the server configuration of my current Gnus?

Is there a `remove-prefix' thing in the Gnus methods?  I can't find
anything about that...

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen