* Custom mailcap.el
@ 2010-01-28  9:06 Joe Galaxy
From: Joe Galaxy @ 2010-01-28  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all, I need to load a custom mailcap entry for displaying images,
like xv or qiv instead of imagemagick display.
I tried modifying the mailcap.el that becomes qith gnus and loading it
from my custom elisp path, but nothing.
Any help? TIA

--
$(echo 502625742692402704447754P|dc)@gmail.com

* Re: Custom mailcap.el
@ 2010-01-28 23:52 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-01-28 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Hi all, I need to load a custom mailcap entry for displaying images,
> like xv or qiv instead of imagemagick display.
> I tried modifying the mailcap.el that becomes qith gnus and loading it
> from my custom elisp path, but nothing.
> Any help? TIA

The most easy way is to have the ~/.mailcap file; see:

(info "(emacs-mime)mailcap")

When having modified the ~/.mailcap file while Gnus is running,
run `M-x mailcap-parse-mailcaps RET' to update Gnus' internal
mailcap database.  IIUC, mailcap.el prefers ~/.mailcap,
/etc/mailcap, /usr/etc/mailcap, /usr/local/etc/mailcap, and the
default mailcap data that mailcap.el provides (in this order).

* Re: Custom mailcap.el
@ 2010-01-29  9:30   ` Joe Galaxy
From: Joe Galaxy @ 2010-01-29  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> When having modified the ~/.mailcap file while Gnus is running,
> run `M-x mailcap-parse-mailcaps RET' to update Gnus' internal
> mailcap database.  IIUC, mailcap.el prefers ~/.mailcap,
> /etc/mailcap, /usr/etc/mailcap, /usr/local/etc/mailcap, and the
> default mailcap data that mailcap.el provides (in this order).
I have a ~/.mailcap file and it is parsed.
My problem is that i want see the x-faces in a xterm not with
imagemagick display, but with xv or qiv or feh. I have in my mailcap
for example: image/*;z xv -nodecor %s
but won't work for that.

--

@ 2010-01-29 10:13     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-01-29 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I have a ~/.mailcap file and it is parsed.
> My problem is that i want see the x-faces in a xterm not with
> imagemagick display, but with xv or qiv or feh. I have in my mailcap
> for example: image/*;z xv -nodecor %s
> but won't work for that.

Maybe this works:

(setq gnus-article-x-face-command
      "{ echo '/* Width=48, Height=48 */'; uncompface; } | icontopbm | xv -nodecor -")

The means that Gnus displays X-Face is special; see the value of
the `gnus-article-x-face-command' variable when running Gnus in
xterm.  The default value for that condition is:

"{ echo '/* Width=48, Height=48 */'; uncompface; } | icontopbm | display -"

* Re: Custom mailcap.el
@ 2010-01-29 10:31       ` Joe Galaxy
From: Joe Galaxy @ 2010-01-29 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english