* separate news servers for reading and posting
@ 2007-11-11 21:03 Andrzej Adam Filip
From: Andrzej Adam Filip @ 2007-11-11 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

How to use one news server for news reading (or local spool) and another
for posting news? [ I seem to miss right search terms ]

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
Beauty may be skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone.

* Re: separate news servers for reading and posting
@ 2007-11-12 10:01 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-11-12 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, Nov 11 2007, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

> How to use one news server for news reading (or local spool) and
> another for posting news?

What kind of problem are you trying to solve?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: separate news servers for reading and posting
@ 2007-11-12 11:47   ` Andrzej Adam Filip
From: Andrzej Adam Filip @ 2007-11-12 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Sun, Nov 11 2007, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>
>> How to use one news server for news reading (or local spool) and
>> another for posting news?
>
> What kind of problem are you trying to solve?
>
> Bye, Reiner.

I have fast access to "low reputation" news servers (filtered out by some)
and slow access to "higher reputation" news server.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
The so-called lessons of history are for the most part the rationalizations

* Re: separate news servers for reading and posting
@ 2007-11-12 14:27     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-11-12 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

,----[ (info "(gnus)Posting Server") ]
|    When posting news, Message usually invokes `message-send-news'
| (*note News Variables: (message)News Variables.).  Normally, Gnus will
| post using the same select method as you're reading from (which might
| be convenient if you're reading lots of groups from different private
| servers).  However.  If the server you're reading from doesn't allow
| posting, just reading, you probably want to use some other server to
| post your (extremely intelligent and fabulously interesting) articles.
| You can then set the `gnus-post-method' to some other method:
|
|      (setq gnus-post-method '(nnspool ""))
| [...]
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: separate news servers for reading and posting
@ 2007-11-13 18:40       ` Andrzej Adam Filip
From: Andrzej Adam Filip @ 2007-11-13 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Mon, Nov 12 2007, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>>>
>>> What kind of problem are you trying to solve?
>>
>> I have fast access to "low reputation" news servers (filtered out by some)
>> and slow access to "higher reputation" news server.
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Posting Server") ]
> |    When posting news, Message usually invokes `message-send-news'
> | (*note News Variables: (message)News Variables.).  Normally, Gnus will
> | post using the same select method as you're reading from (which might
> | be convenient if you're reading lots of groups from different private
> | servers).  However.  If the server you're reading from doesn't allow
> | posting, just reading, you probably want to use some other server to
> | post your (extremely intelligent and fabulously interesting) articles.
> | You can then set the `gnus-post-method' to some other method:
> |
> |      (setq gnus-post-method '(nnspool ""))
> | [...]
> `----

Thanks for the hint.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
"Look! There! Evil!.. pure and simple, total evil from the Eighth Dimension!"