From: Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Hidden lines in the message body
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:59:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> It is because of the MIME emulating feature of Gnus that is
> enabled by default.  It splits peculiar sections, e.g. uuencoded
> data, non-MIME forwarded messages, etc., in the message body into
> MIME parts.  Your problem is a typical case that this feature
> works unwillingly, that is,  Gnus misidentifies the
> "------------------------------%<------------------------------"
> lines as the separators of the `insert-marks' part (See mm-uu.el).
>
> The MIME emulating feature works only when displaying articles.
> So, your messages will never be broken even if they look funny
> to the recipients who use Gnus.  But there is no way to avoid it
> other than to ask the recipients to disable this feature.  To do
> that:

> (setq gnus-article-emulate-mime nil)
>
> or

> (eval-after-load "mm-uu"
>   '(add-to-list 'mm-uu-configure-list
> 		'(insert-marks . disabled)))

Thanks.
The problem seems to be solved since I put in .gnus.el the line:

 (setq gnus-article-emulate-mime nil)

1) Is that what you meant? (I don't well understand the meaning of the lines
   where it says `cut here', `start', `end'.)

2) Won't there be any unwished side effects with other messages (e.g.,
   including attachments)?

Thanks indeed, cheers
Rodolfo