* gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs
@ 2007-08-14 14:24 weber
From: weber @ 2007-08-14 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Folks, i'm trying to setup cygwin to get my mail.
I was having some problems with windows so decided to try the cygwin
version.
The .el files are common for both, and the version is very near
(22.0.95.1 on windows and 22.1.1 on cygwin).

So with the same configuration that wouldn't connect on windows,
cygwin just worked!
Does anyone have a hint on what can be happening?
I'm using pop3.el, ssl.el and nnml backend (like Bill Clementson here:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/)

Many thanks,
weber

* Re: gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs
@ 2007-08-14 17:47 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-08-14 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Aug 14 2007, weber wrote:

> The .el files are common for both, and the version is very near
> (22.0.95.1 on windows and 22.1.1 on cygwin).

Why are you trying an outdated pretest (22.0.95) instead of the
released version 22.1?

> So with the same configuration that wouldn't connect on windows,
> cygwin just worked!
> Does anyone have a hint on what can be happening?

Maybe you should start to describe you problem first.  ("Please
describe the bug in annoying, painstaking detail.").

> I'm using pop3.el, ssl.el and nnml backend (like Bill Clementson here:
> http://bc.tech.coop/blog/)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs
@ 2007-08-14 18:01   ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-08-14 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 14 ago, 14:47, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gm...@imap.cc> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14 2007, weber wrote:
> > The .el files are common for both, and the version is very near
> > (22.0.95.1 on windows and 22.1.1 on cygwin).
>
> Why are you trying an outdated pretest (22.0.95) instead of the
> released version 22.1?
>
> > So with the same configuration that wouldn't connect on windows,
> > cygwin just worked!
> > Does anyone have a hint on what can be happening?
>
> Maybe you should start to describe you problem first.  ("Please
> describe the bug in annoying, painstaking detail.").
>
> > I'm using pop3.el, ssl.el and nnml backend (like Bill Clementson here:
> >http://bc.tech.coop/blog/)
>
> Bye, Reiner.
> --
>        ,,,
>       (o o)
> ---ooO-(_)-Ooo---  |  PGP key available  |  http://rsteib.home.pages.de/

I want to read mail with gnus. The server works with ssl. I'm using
version 22.1.1 now, and the problem continues.
Inside cygwin it works, but on windows i get this:

Mail source (pop :server mail.xxx.ind.br :port 995 :user adas:password
******** :connection ssl :leave t) error (Spawning child process).
Continue? (y or n)

Ideas?
Tks