* Problem with Gnus
@ 2005-02-17 21:54 pip
From: pip @ 2005-02-17 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi (again),

When I have sent an article or mail from Gnus and then try and enter
a group I get the following message:

Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Group*>

Does anyone know what might be happening? I have Googled to no avail.

Thanks,

Pip

* Re: Problem with Gnus
@ 2005-02-18 21:22 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-18 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, ihate@spam.com wrote:

> When I have sent an article or mail from Gnus and then try and enter
> a group I get the following message:
>
> Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Group*>
>
> Does anyone know what might be happening? I have Googled to no avail.

I don't know the solution, but you should try

M-x toggle-debug-on-error

and also submit the full stack trace you get.  Your gnus.el file may
also be useful.

Ted

* Re: Problem with Gnus [fixed]
@ 2005-02-18 22:51 ` pip
From: pip @ 2005-02-18 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

pip <ihate@spam.com> writes:

> When I have sent an article or mail from Gnus and then try and enter
> a group I get the following message:
>
> Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Group*>
>
> Does anyone know what might be happening? I have Googled to no avail.

Switching on ispell-minor mode in my message-mode-hook was causing my
problem.

Thanks,

Pip