* Re: merge .gnus.el and .emacs to .emacs ?
       [not found] <87llaohcjm.fsf@163.com>
@ 2005-01-20  6:00 ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2005-01-20  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Xuuu <william_xuuu@163.com> writes:

> All my configs reside in .emacs except .gnus.el, so i'm wondering how to
> put .gnus.el in .emacs ? I tried cut-and-paste directly, but it doesn't
> seem to work. Any ideas ?

Gnus reads the contents of gnus-init-file at startup.  You would have
to set this to your .emacs.  But I wouldn't recommend that.

norbert.

* Re: merge .gnus.el and .emacs to .emacs ?
@ 2005-01-21  9:32   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-01-21  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 20 2005, Norbert Koch wrote:

> William Xuuu <william_xuuu@163.com> writes:
>
>> All my configs reside in .emacs except .gnus.el, so i'm wondering how to
>> put .gnus.el in .emacs ? I tried cut-and-paste directly, but it doesn't
>> seem to work.

*What* doesn't work?  Did the monitor explode?  Any errors?  What does
the *Messages* buffer say?

>> Any ideas ?
>
> Gnus reads the contents of gnus-init-file at startup.  You would have
> to set this to your .emacs.  But I wouldn't recommend that.

I wouldn't recommend this neither.  OTOH I don't see any reason why it
should not work to put everything in `~/.emacs'.  If ~/.gnus doesn't
exist, it is ignored:

ELISP> (let ((gnus-init-file "~/FOO-BAR"))
	 (gnus-read-init-file))
nil

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: merge .gnus.el and .emacs to .emacs ?
@ 2005-02-03 11:58     ` William Xuuu
From: William Xuuu @ 2005-02-03 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 20 2005, Norbert Koch wrote:
>
>> William Xuuu <william_xuuu@163.com> writes:
>>
>>> All my configs reside in .emacs except .gnus.el, so i'm wondering how to
>>> put .gnus.el in .emacs ? I tried cut-and-paste directly, but it doesn't
>>> seem to work.
>
> *What* doesn't work?  Did the monitor explode?  Any errors?  What does
> the *Messages* buffer say?

;-) It does work great that way now. Not sure why i would fail last
time. thanks.

--
William