* Re: mail tweak request
       [not found] <uu118pgaw.fsf@ferraro.net>
@ 2004-03-01 22:03 ` Jørn Helge B. Dahl
       [not found] ` <yoij65do9re8.fsf@frealaf.dd.chalmers.se>
From: Jørn Helge B. Dahl @ 2004-03-01 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Windar <windarSPAMSUCKS@ferraro.net>

> Now the  only thing that  the posting styles  permit us to do  for the
> moment are when replying a  mail/news or when already being "inside" a
> newsgroup. But  when we want to write  a new mail by  pressing the 'm'
> key while  in the Group buffer,  the generated header  has the default
> values.
>
> How can  I decide which e-mail address  I want to be  displayed in the
> "To" headeer when writing a totally new mail ?

Use 'C-u m' with point on the group you want to use the posting-style
of.

--
Jørn Helge B. Dahl

* Re: mail tweak request
       [not found]     ` <87brnfyco4.fsf@nowhere.org>
@ 2004-03-02 19:20       ` Windar
From: Windar @ 2004-03-02 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> disait le 03/02/04 :

> Windar <windarSPAMSUCKS@ferraro.net> writes:
>
>> and what if  no group corresponds to the posting styles  I want for my
>> mail ?
>
> What you need, brother, is gnus-pers.el
>

> ,----
> | gnus-pers implements personalities for Message mode. It allows you to
> | define a personality with any e-mail address, extra headers and signature
> | you like, either as strings, functions or variables (signatures may also
> | be files). Then it will chose a personality for you based on header info,
> | gnus-newsgroup-name or group parameter. Additionally, you can change a
> | personality in the middle of writing a message. This is intended to be an
> | alternative to gnus-posting-styles, which only sets personalities
> | (posting styles) based on which group you are in. Also,
> | gnus-posting-styles must be defined by editing a your .gnus whereas
> | gnus-pers uses Xemacs customize facility.
> `----
>
> http://www.comsecmilnavpac.net/elisp/gnus-pers.el

I'm using GNU Emacs (Win32 version) and M-x customize Personality
doesn't work. Is there any other way to customize my personalities ?
using a personalities file for instance ?

Second thing,  I am  prompted for which  personality to use  even when
replying a  mail ('r'  or 'R'), a  news message  ('f' or 'F')  or when
wanting to write a totally new news message ('a').

I'd like to be prompted only when I press 'm'.

I took  a look  at gnus-pers.el but  I'm not  an elisp pro  and didn't
find answers to those problems...

thx for any help :-)

--
*****			      Jungle Power                         *****

We love Rohypnol, She got Rohypnol, We take Rohypnol, Just forget it all
   		      	  	       	    	      	       - Prodigy

@ 2004-03-02 16:38       ` Windar
From: Windar @ 2004-03-02 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> disait le 03/02/04 :

> Windar <windarSPAMSUCKS@ferraro.net> writes:
>
>> and what if  no group corresponds to the posting styles  I want for my
>> mail ?
>
> What you need, brother, is gnus-pers.el
>

> ,----
> | gnus-pers implements personalities for Message mode. It allows you to
> | define a personality with any e-mail address, extra headers and signature
> | you like, either as strings, functions or variables (signatures may also
> | be files). Then it will chose a personality for you based on header info,
> | gnus-newsgroup-name or group parameter. Additionally, you can change a
> | personality in the middle of writing a message. This is intended to be an
> | alternative to gnus-posting-styles, which only sets personalities
> | (posting styles) based on which group you are in. Also,
> | gnus-posting-styles must be defined by editing a your .gnus whereas
> | gnus-pers uses Xemacs customize facility.
> `----
>
> http://www.comsecmilnavpac.net/elisp/gnus-pers.el
>
> Have fun!

Thanks, I'll look into that

--

@ 2004-03-01 22:49   ` Windar
       [not found]     ` <87brnfyco4.fsf@nowhere.org>
From: Windar @ 2004-03-01 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) disait le 03/01/04 :

> Windar <windarSPAMSUCKS@ferraro.net> writes:
>
>> Now the only thing that the posting styles permit us to do for the
>> moment are when replying a mail/news or when already being "inside"
>> a newsgroup. But when we want to write a new mail by pressing the
>> 'm' key while in the Group buffer, the generated header has the
>> default values.
>
> Read `C-h k m'

m runs the command gnus-group-mail
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg'.
It is bound to m, <menu-bar> <gnus> <send a mail>.
(gnus-group-mail &optional ARG)

Start composing a mail.
If ARG, use the group under the point to find a posting style.
If ARG is 1, prompt for a group name to find the posting style.

ok, so pressing '1' then 'm' gives me a choice...